“Call me Simon because It's a no from me...”
Review of Shaka Zulu

Shaka Zulu
Ranked #5,204 of 24,667 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: African
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Here's a joke.. How many employees does it take to serve someone upon entry? I don't know... there were 10 of them standing there.. and not one addressed me for about 5 mins.

Look, lets be real.. when you're hungry.. the last thing you want to be doing is standing around and looking like part of the restaurant decor.. you want food. Like anyone else out here.. I love my food. Hats off to Shaka as the ambience is pretty darn good however, and this is a big however.. the food ? Come on guys.. £21 for a baby chicken breast with a few cabbage leaves? If I were Mr Ramsay, my words would be "what the fu**... is this?"

But I'm not.. I'm just someone who just pays for good food and a good time. I was so hungry after.. I went for a cheeky Italian across the road and ordered some garlic bread and dessert (including service charge) for the same price... now that was filling.

Okay... I'm done now.. really.. I am :)

Write a ReviewReviews (6,143)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I went on new years eve with 3 friends. We got the new years package which included a 3 course meal and a glass of champagne on arrival. The food was limited as it was a pre set menu but what i chose was nice. The venue later turned into a nightclub which was convenient however where the dinner tables were positioned we couldn't fully enjoy as the tables were somewhat hidden and the escalator was obstructing. We had loads of connection issues as when in the restaurant forget about receiving any calls or texts. The waiting staff were not as welcoming however when we wanted to purchase a bottle of alcohol, it was when we got their attention. I understand it was NYE so i guess the reason for the rush in service but it was my first time and i dont feel inclined to return again after my experience sadly

Reviewed 4 April 2018

Lovely assistance with great aroma and delicious food! Waiters were very helpful and polite with lovely characters. The place is very extraordinarily beautifully decorated. Although service was a little slow we enjoyed our experience very much.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The venue it's self looked beautiful, but the service was very poor. The table we had reserved for the night was given to someone else without us being informed. staff were rude and did not provide a good service ignoring our request for help. I witnessed a member of staff being pushed by the management. The drinks are way overpriced and the £3 charge to hang your coat was forced upon some of my friends when the majority of people were allowed to keep their coats on them. The one positive was the hostess was very friendly and polite. I would not go back to this establishment or recommend it.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The waiting staff move you through your courses too quickly which is not good when you have gone there for an evening out. They need to learn to slow down. I was told this by someone else who visited there. The venue is stunning and the music great and lots of staff and choice of food. We had a voucher and that was excellent value, but they do need to slow the service down a little or you are in and out in no time - not what I look for in a meal out.