“Loved it !”

Cuisines: African
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Lovely assistance with great aroma and delicious food! Waiters were very helpful and polite with lovely characters. The place is very extraordinarily beautifully decorated. Although service was a little slow we enjoyed our experience very much.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Write a ReviewReviews (6,135)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

The venue it's self looked beautiful, but the service was very poor. The table we had reserved for the night was given to someone else without us being informed. staff were rude and did not provide a good service ignoring our request for help. I witnessed a member of staff being pushed by the management. The drinks are way overpriced and the £3 charge to hang your coat was forced upon some of my friends when the majority of people were allowed to keep their coats on them. The one positive was the hostess was very friendly and polite. I would not go back to this establishment or recommend it.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The waiting staff move you through your courses too quickly which is not good when you have gone there for an evening out. They need to learn to slow down. I was told this by someone else who visited there. The venue is stunning and the music great and lots of staff and choice of food. We had a voucher and that was excellent value, but they do need to slow the service down a little or you are in and out in no time - not what I look for in a meal out.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went for the fixed price menu with cocktails. Was pleasantly surprised. Food was good and portions of a good size, although choice limited and sides cost extra. Service was good.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

For the Easter Sunday Shaka Zulu was a our choice for combining food and drinks for a party of 10 people.

We arrived slightly early and were shown to our table right away, the only slight caveat was that the table that had been reserved for us had only 7 places, so was a slight squeeze to get us all in.

The menu had a good choice of food to choose from with a couple of South African dishes to offer. I went for the Chicken wings to start followed by the Crocodile loin with mac and cheese and a side salad. The food did take a little while to come out, but when served, it all looked really well presented.

The wings were almost cold and so dry that I had two and left the rest, it certainly made me think that these had been reheated or left under a hot plate for quite some time. On the other hand, the crocodile loin was very nicely cooked, with great flavour but the side salad didn't complement the dish as I thought it would. Real tasty mac and cheese though.

For dessert I ordered the cheesecake, which was amazing! The roasted pistachio and passion fruit sauce was the best part - I would definitely recommend this.

Our booking was to celebrate a friends birthday, so the waiters help us put together a surprise chocolate tart with a sparkler, which was a very kind gesture and was greatly received.

The nightlife after was the best part by far with the music being a solid 10/10.

I would suggest this a night out for a great atmosphere, drinks and a dance, but the food on the night was disappointing after what I had expected.

Luca