6 people are viewing this hotel
US$197
Free cancellation until 15/08/21
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$198
Free cancellation until 15/08/21
Lol.travel
US$200
US$152
Hotels.comUS$198
Agoda.comUS$164
ZenHotels.comUS$200
All reviews birthday stay excellent hotel oxford street covent garden great location soho receptionist bed
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021

We booked a couple of rooms for a couple of nights over the bank holiday weekend.
The beds were good, the shower was fabulous albeit the bathroom was tiny, the room was very nice. The breakfast was just about acceptable for a good four star hotel. At the moment we are still under some restrictions and therefore must make allowances for them trying to operate with these in place.
What cannot be excused was me asking reception to reserve a table in the restaurant. The lady could not do this and said to speak to someone in the bar. Only no one was in the bar. I had to phone then hotel later in the day and make a reservation over the phone for a hotel I was already staying in. I also asked them to call me a cab. They said that they did not do this. Very strange indeed. We arrived at the bar area that evening. They sat us at a table. Lots of staff around. It took an hour to get a drink. It took an hour and a half to get someone to take a food order. I did complain and the manager knocked 50% off the food bill and gave us a free drink. Again, I do think that they are having issues getting staff. The lady waiting on us told us that she was on a trial shift and things were a bit unorganised at the hotel. The hotel could be very good. It was in fact quite poor but I do think everything has to be taken into consideration regarding our current situation.

Date of stay: May 2021
NYX Guest Relations, Guest Services / Front Office at NYX Hotel London Holborn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Dear ukwouthwest,

We are very sorry that we dropped the ball so many time during your stay with us. Please rest assured we have shared your comments with our General Manager for her to take it in consideration with her teams, and we are taking the measures need it to make things right.

We have implemented our Taxi Services to the speed of light to commit to the demand of the old days of fully booked property. We all know we were a bit rusty after last year, and opening for the second time our new kid in the block in Holborn, has been a beautiful challenge for all London Hospitality Industry, but we are glad to learn that we are moving in the right direction as the issues highlighted with your kind words, have already been rectified.

We are working very hard to meet our NYX City Lovers expectations, and rest assured you will notice an immediate change from the moment you coming back to stay with us. Many thanks for choosing to stay with us at NYX, and for taking the time to share your feedback.

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Really nicely designed hotel in a brilliant location however totally let down by ridiculously slow service and incompetent staff.
We arrived at 16.30 on Saturday 29th (my birthday) check in was from 3pm... after waiting 20 minutes to get to the reception desk the man who greeted us went into the back office without telling us anything and left us stood wondering what was going on for a further 25 minutes!! When he eventually returned he told us our room was not ready baring in mind it was now 17.15!! He offered us 2 free drinks in the bar while we waited for our room... we then sat in the fairly quiet bar area for another 15 minutes before anyone even acknowledged our existence. In this time we observed 3 other different customers complaining about the slow service & wrong drink orders! When our drinks did come my partner had a 3 1/4 pint of Stella as the barrel had ran out and I had a regular gin when I had asked for a flavoured pink gin.
My friend had rang the hotel and arranged for some wine to be in our room on arrival for my birthday so with our room not being ready I was half expecting this to be the reason why, however on getting in our room there was nothing. Very very disappointing start to our stay and also with all of the delays now meant we only 40 minutes to get showered changed and ready before our first reservation which was very stressful. We rang the reception from our room a couple of times to ask some general questions and no one ever answered the phone. One evening we asked them if they could pre book us taxi which they were un able to do. It just seemed to be a total shambles really which is a shame as the hotel itself is fantastic. Just to top it all off we have just checked our banks on the train home and realised the £50 deposit that they took off my partners card upon check in has also been taken out from my account which was the original card booked on! This really is absolutely terrible service and I am very unhappy about this. I was never made aware once that a deposit would be taken upon arrival never mind taken out of my account with out my knowledge but the fact they also duplicated this and requested it from my partners card?? how can they be so untrained on a reception desk!! I will be keeping a close eye on both accounts to make sure this is returned to both cards. On a more positive note we did enjoy our room the bed was lovely and comfy! Breakfast on both days was really tasty and the staff in the breakfast restaurant were much more organised and on the ball. The spa staff were helpful and friendly however due to the terrible experience upon check in etc I cant say we would return.

Room tip: Book spa treatments in advance was totally fully booked when we tried to book some treatment
Date of stay: April 2021

Dear hannaht89,

We always strive to provide the best service to our guests and especially to regular guest such as yourself and on this occasion we did not exceed your basic expectation. I wanted to assure you that your comments have been shared with the relevant department managers for their attention and further follow up with the teams.

We value our guests and understand how important it is to offer exceptional service, we also very much appreciate your business and hope that you will remain a regular guest. I would love to play the role of your ally here at NYX and be your point of contact. When booking your future stays with us, I will be delighted to organize and personally oversee your future bookings to make sure we do everything possible to make you feel at home.

Please next time you are back in town and thinking to stay with us again, email me on jose_piquer@leonardohotels.co.uk, I will be thrilled to look after anything you might need, our Front Office team would be more than happy to organise Express Check In for you and your partner, we are very sorry we let you down on this occasion, but I am sure we will make things right on your next stay.

Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

Queued to get in - queued to get into sauna - queued to check out. Received complimentary drinks - Altho I asked - but it’s a bit shambolic considering has no contingency for rush at check in and check out time. Bedroom nice Altho bathroom is a bit tight .. pool is nice with steam and sauna - not their fault covid restrictions apply.

1  Thank H2139UZseanl

Dear H2139UZseanl

Thank you so much for your feedback and sharing your review with our TripAdvisor community. I am glad to inform you that your feedback was taken in consideration and we have already improve our services and procedures to guarantee a more calm experience with some add on booking systems across the property.

We have already implemented our Express Check out service to make sure your departure is flawless, and with our very soon to launch, express check in, you will really feel you are coming into your home away from home when staying with us again.

As much as it looks from the outside, like a boutique hotel with all those extra touches that makes so different from your options within the city to sleep, we have around 400 NYX City Lovers staying with us and indeed some measures needed to be implemented. We are working around the clock to make sure we are collecting as much feedback as possible to sail this boat on the right direction, and with your comments and kind words we are confident to say that you will notice that your feedback has been heard,

Reviewed 30 May 2021

stayed for two night and chose the hotel originally for location in Holburn near to the British Museum and Bloomsbury- as well as the price very pleased with the cleanliness of the rooms/ terrific bathroom shower -= ease of getting into the shower ( not high edge and handle bar) and the full volume of water - a real treat. breakfast was fine - buffet of eggs and trimmings, delicious freshly baked croissants and the usual cold offerings. Huge shout out to Jose and Oliver - front area managers - so accommodating and attentive

would definitely stay here again

1  Thank gail k

Dear Gail,

Many thanks for choosing to stay with us at NYX, and for taking the time to share your feedback. I have shared your feedback with our stars of the show, Jose and Oliver, and they are all over the moon! Thank you for that! We loved your love for our walk in showers, they are indeed your private rainfall oasis in the middle of the city.

We loved you fell in love with our location, just a stone's throw away from Covent Garden, Oxford Street and of course, the British Museum, our public institution dedicated to human history, art and culture. We are delighted that your recent stay was a positive one and hope to see you again soon.

NYX Guest Relations Team

Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

The hotel was great for how much we paid. Rooms were clean and roomy and the reception was very funky! The only 2 downsides are in the bar area there was 2 people working and it took over 20 minutes to get a drink by which case we had to leave. The breakfast had loads of choice but again had to wait a long time before seated

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Couplefoodiereviews

Dear Couplefoodiereviews,

Thank you so much for your feedback and sharing your review with our TripAdvisor community. I am glad to inform you that your feedback was taken in consideration and we have already improve our Breakfast Restaurant procedures to guarantee a more calm experience with some add on booking systems across the property.

We are really sorry we did not meet your 5 stars, but I am confident to say that next time you are coming back to see us, we will be able to show you that your feedback is key for us to make sure we are meeting our guests needs. Please next time you are back in town and thinking to sleep with us again, email me on jose_piquer@leonardohotels.co.uk, I will be thrilled to look after anything you might need.