“Good value for London”
Review of The Byron Hotel

The Byron Hotel
Ranked #516 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 2, 2016

Very nice staff. Room was clean and quiet and had all the usual amenities. Breakfast very adequate. Would return. Position is near to Paddington station and near bus stops but at the moment road works are making journey times longer and frustrating.

Room Tip: Asked for quiet room and got it on 5th floor overlooking gardens
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple
CapricornHotels, Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2016

Dear Von7,

Thank you for choosing The Byron Hotel for your stay in London and I am glad that we met your expectations and you found your experience living with us a good value for money.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our clean, tranquil and well equipped rooms. Furthermore, I am glad you appreciated the award winning services from my team, our location and our fast connection to the city. Indeed, public works are in progress on Bayswater road and near Marble Arch that affects bus routes but not for long.

Please don't hesitate to contact my team for your next stay to get our exclusive CLUB deals.

Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

I stayed for one night and enjoyed a high level of comfort in my double room, plenty space and good room facilities to make myself comfortable. Enjoyed a varied breakfast and the fast attentive service was great. Good value for money in centre of London. 2 minute walk to underground.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled on business

Dear Groggington,

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Firstly, I am pleased you found that we do have good value for money and I would like to thank you for your lovely comments regarding your experience while living with us. Furthermore, I am glad you enjoyed the comfiness of our well equipped and lovely rooms, our breakfast and the excellent service from my great team and the convenient location with fast connection to most of London's attractions.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed November 30, 2016 via mobile

Set in a great central location, tube and buses within a few mins walk as well as Hyde park. Good to use as a base but very basic. Room was a little small but clean. Air con was quite noisy. Would of liked tea/coffee facilities in bedroom.

Stayed: November 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear Charlotte,

Thank you for choosing The Byron Hotel for your recent visit in London and for taking the time to post your valuable feedback with like minded travellers on Tripadvisor.

Firstly, I am glad you appreciated our prime location just a couple of minutes away from Bayswater and Queensway Underground station and Hyde Park and our cleanlines. Furthermore, I would like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by the Air con and the lack of the tea/coffee facilities.

Reviewed November 12, 2016

Good hotel. But as always in London, small rooms, sound from neigburs and corridor. My window was not possible to close. Not so much noice from traffic. Very good bed and nice pillows. Wifi sucks, very slow and instable.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with shower
  • Stayed: November 2016, traveled with friends
CapricornHotels, Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2016

Dear Jockegrabben,

Thank you for choosing The Byron Hotel for your recent visit in London.

Firstly, I am glad that you had a good sleep on our comfortable beds and you enjoyed the tranquility of our neighbourhood of Hyde Park. Thank you for your honest opinion regarding the wifi as it will help us improve and deliver a better guest experience, we have recently made improvements to boost our wifi signal and speed and cover any blind spots.

Thank you once again for your feedback.

Reviewed November 9, 2016

I visited the Byron hotel for a second time, this time on my own. I had requested a room at the back of the property, and not in the basement, but was given a second floor room at the front of the hotel. However, it was very quiet so not a problem. The room itself was compact but had plenty of storage and room to move around. It was nicely decorated and had a renovated bathroom with a wonderful heated towel rack which was great for drying those essential items of washing! The room and bathroom were very clean and bedding and towels replaced frequently. Continental breakfast was included in the room price and was available in the mezzanine breakfast area. The ladies who run the breakfast room are super efficient and there is a good range of food available and plenty of it. There is also the option of a cooked breakfast at an additional charge.
Best of all is the location - being handy for 2 underground stations and nearby buses, plus easy walking distance to Kensington and Hyde Parks.
The staff are also amazing - they actually greet you as if they are pleased to see you.
I only have one criticism of the hotel - the fact that breakfast is served from 7.30am. Of my 6 night stay I had to miss breakfast 3 times as I had early starts. Other hotels that I have stayed in have offered a small breakfast box to go. This might be something for the hotel to consider.

other than that this will always be my prfered hotel to stay in London.

Room Tip: Anything other than the basement
  • Stayed: October 2016, traveled solo
CapricornHotels, Manager at The Byron Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2016

Hi Bev,

Thank you for your repeated preference in The Byron Hotel and for your lovely feedback.

Firstly, let me share with you that everyone here is thrilled with your review and it was our pleasure to have you once again with us. Furthermore, I am glad you appreciated our lovely and tranquil rooms, our cleanliness, our updated and delicious breakfast and the prime location. We are indeed very fortunate to be locate just around the corner of two Underground Stations which are served by three Lines, moreover, Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens are great to have a relaxing walk towards Royal Albert Hall or the Knightsbridge area. I appreciate your honest opinion regarding the breakfast serving time and please be assured that we will take your opinion into consideration in our effort to improve our services.

Thank you, once again, for leaving such a positive review of your stay with us. The team and I very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Byron Hotel.

Yours sincerely,