“Poor service - pretty much non-existent”
Review of 14 Hills

Reserve a table
Ranked #3,951 of 23,779 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$8 - US$83
Neighborhood: City of London
Description: 14 Hills is a restaurant, bar and deli situated in the heart of the city. An all-day dining destination that transitions throughout the day: be it business or pleasure or after-work cocktails. The restaurant has a canopy of evergreen plants and seasonal climbers alive at its centre. Head Chef John Barber's menu focuses on modern British cooking with a touch of French flair.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I totally understand that restaurants like 14 hills do a 2 hour table sitting, but when it takes you an hour to get your main course, and then you want to order dessert but have run out of time on the table and are not allowed to stay, it’s not exactly a restaurants best way to make money... we also had to keep flagging someone down to order drinks as they didn’t notice that they were empty. We also asked for gluten free bread when the bread came out, they told us it was on its way but it never arrived, even when we asked a second time... it was just very poor service. I understand these places are busy but genuinely didn’t seem like they had enough staff for the amount of tables

Date of visit: May 2021
14 Hills, General Manager at 14 Hills, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear TravellerFanatic,

Thank you very much for taking the time to pass on to us your feedback regarding your last visit at 14 Hills.
I would like to apologise for your negative experience, which certainly did not reflect the high standards of dining at 14 Hills we are so committed to providing to our guests.
Let me reassure you that we do take our guests feedback very seriously and it is indeed very frustrating to read your points and to realise the extent of the disappointment experienced at 14 Hills. The issues raised on your feedback have been addressed and I have discussed the incident at length with our management team, kitchen and waiting staff and we have taken steps to make sure that situations like this will not happen again to yourself and other guests.
I do realise that this experience may have changed your impression 14 Hills; however, I would ask you to consider giving us the opportunity to restore your faith in us.
Please email me directly at massimilianod@danddlondon.com if you wish to discuss this further.

Kind regards,
Max & 14 Hills team

Write a reviewReviews (187)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Very rude staff and terrible service. Arrogant and impolite with cudtomers. I do not recommend going there AT ALL.

1  Thank charlylabaa

Dear Charlylabaa,

Please email me directly at massimilianod@danddlondon.com if you wish to discuss this further as I would like to investigate this matter.

Kind regards,
Max

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Went for a friends birthday. The food was bland and drinks not wow. The Italian waiter must not have had a good day. Even though it had been noted at time of booking this was a birthday celebration he brings the complementary birthday plate right at the end after we had paid and were getting ready to leave. Not even bothered to light the candle up.

The terrace is beautiful with great views over London and we wanted to check it out. We had heard majority of the terrace was free to the public. When asked the waiter if we can go up to the terrace for a drink he informed us that won’t be possible as we needed a reservation.

We went up to the top floor anyway to check the terrace out and to our surprise it was completely empty. No one sitting in the tables. We enjoyed the views and even sat down for drinks. The member of staff there was so welcoming and made our visit to 14 hills great.
The 3* go to towards our terrace experience. Nothing memorable about the actual 14 hills indoor restaurant

Dear Etl3va,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review following your visit.
Constructive feedback has been very helpful for us in terms of improving the experience for our guests. I will follow this up with management team so thank you for bringing it to my attention.
At this stage I can only apologise and I hope you will give us another chance and will visit us again.

Best Regards,
Max and 14 Hills Team

Reviewed 15 May 2021

Overall good given the current restrictions where we can only down outside. We had the tomahawk steak which arrived cold but they rectified this quite quickly. I would say it's a little overpriced in compared to similar restaurants (Madison).

Reviewed 8 May 2021 via mobile

I am looking forward to return when the restaurant can fully open. When we visited the weather was colder than ideal but they made the seating area cosy and warm. Umbrellas cover every seat and there is an abundance of heaters. We happy sat with our coats off, which was a bonus. The service was excellent and our retro chicken Kiev’s very good. I look forward to our next visit.