“Wonderfully Varied Museum”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$25.56*
and up
Ocean Liners: Speed and Style Exhibition at the...
Ranked #3 of 1,816 things to do in London
More attraction details
Fee: No
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The world's greatest museum of art and design.The V&A's collections are unrivalled in their diversity. Explore historical and contemporary art and design, including works of art from many of the world's richest cultures. Admission free.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

After always visiting a couple of the other museums with the children as they were growing up, there was never enough time to visit the V & A during the same trip. I first visited with a group of friends a couple of years ago. I absolutely loved it. It has a much more intimate feel to it compared with its neighbours. I visited with my children (who are now much older) on Easter Monday. I said I wouldn't be long but I'd completely forgotten how many levels there were (6). I managed to see the main areas I wanted but, I will be returning for a more leisurely wander at another time.

Write a ReviewReviews (26,159)
All reviews
in 448 reviews
"interests"
in 202 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

In all honesty, we were planning to visit the Natural History museum, but the queues were enormous (school holidays!), so we decided to try the V&A and I’m so glad we did.

From the moment we arrived, every member of staff was super-helpful and they were genuinely enthused about helping us out, suggesting things for two under-7s to do.

We started with a treasure-hunt around the museum to try and find interesting objects and then proceeded to do a “Family Bag” called Magic Glasses, which involved visiting a specific gallery and using four or five different objects in our bag to learn about the things we were looking at - both really made what could have been a “boring” afternoon really great fun.

The museum also put on a show for the kids about a pirate adventure, lots of singing and interacting, which they loved.

I’ll definitely visit again - perhaps without the kids next time! - so I can spend a bit more time looking at some of the exhibits...

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The coverage of this museum is impressive. All ages and all styles. I spent particular time looking at Asia and found much of delite.

1  Thank David N
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Loved the fashion through the ages
Was very quiet considering it was the Easter holidays, so plenty of time and space to wander