“Fantastic Food”

Wroclove
Get food delivered
Ranked #6,296 of 23,779 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$4 - US$22
Description: A family-owned restaurant/bar in Balham, south west London serving freshly-made traditional Polish cuisine in a vibrant enviornment. Opens 12pm - 10pm Monday - Friday; 11am - 10pm Saturday and Sunday.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

With my fiance being Polish I have ate alot of Polish food in many different restaurants and this is without a doubt the best one I have been to.

First of all the flavour in every dish I tried was incredible, especially the pierogi and the smalec. The staff were extremely friendly and the price you pay for the quality of food you get is second to none. Also the portion size is perfect.

I would highly recommend this restaurant, I will certainly be back and look forward to my next visit!

Thanks again.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (19)

Reviewed 1 May 2021

I ordered via Just Eat, Beef Tartar and Pelmeni.

Tartar: excellent; however, bread was missing. The Meat was tenderly seasoned which is fine, because intensity of spices is a subject upon customer preferences, but if someone likes more intensive is good to check your kitchen if you have magi, before you order. Portion size and quality adequate for the price.

Pelmeni: meat was good, but the dough was thick, also portion was quite small. Definitely this is not a main course, but starter, that suppose be highlighted. It should be as well a little bit stock or butter on the top of the dish, but it wasn’t. Price of the portion in my opinion is not adequate for the quality and size.

I was still hungry I thought to order something more, but paying another quite high delivery fee (2.50 GBP) did not motivate me.

When I made an order, I left a note with request to put extra sour cream and my request was successfully fulfilled. I requested as well to do not use a bell when delivery come and call me instead, this unfortunately was ignored, but this is driver fault.

General aesthetics of the dishes was not the best in the takeaway boxes. Good advice for the management team to try to find something more suitable (on the market is plenty of suppliers with various selection). Please don’t forget about primary rule on gastronomy science that first the impression is very important and people “eating by eyes” firstly. Especially due the current global pandemic food delivery is the most common method to sell a product.

My final score is B- , because one dish impressed me, another one not really.
-Positive; restaurant team fulfilled my request,
-Negative: high delivery fee, dish aesthetics,
-Neutral: portions size

I will give a second chance for this place to check main courses,

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 2 October 2020 via mobile

My second visit to Wroclove which is a fantastic place in Balham for delicious Polish fare. I had the menu of the day which was great value and a tasty two courses of rye soup and then beef goulash. The homemade compote juice is wonderful too. In terms of covid 19 this felt very safe with empty tables left between customers and sanitiser but the door. Really friendly waiter working. Would highly recommend a visit!

Date of visit: October 2020
2  Thank stefsabb
Reviewed 7 March 2020 via mobile

I have to admit that I went to Wroclove because I had vacationed in Wroclaw a few times and my best friend comes from there. It was across London from where I was staying and took 30 minutes to get there on the Underground. It was worth every second!

The food is fantastic! I had the zurek (rye soup with white kielbasa and boiled egg) pork shoulder with the most delicious sauce I have ever tasted and fried cabbage. Every mouthful was heaven and made me miss Poland and my friend even more. Of course, get a pint of pivo (beer) to wash it down.

If you ever want to experience the true tastes of Poland, I highly recommend Wroclove.

Dziękujemy za wspaniały posiłek Wroclove!!

Date of visit: February 2020
Reviewed 2 March 2020 via mobile

We enjoyed a delicious three course meal at Wroclove. I’d walked past several times before and wish I’d been here sooner. Wonderful and tasty food, reasonable prices and the staff were so friendly and welcoming. I can’t wait to go back to try more of the menu!

Date of visit: March 2020