“Tasty in the most part”

Claw Carnaby Restaurant
Ranked #10,296 of 24,239 Restaurants in London
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

It was perhaps not the restaurant's fault that there was a UK wide shortage of crab claws that week (so they told me), but it did put a dampener on what is clearly their key dish.

The suggested replacement of crab beignets was not really as delicious as I expected and really a bit bland. The crab on fries was really just a lot of mixed crab meat on fries, tasty but nothing special. The highlight was the miso marinated steak which was truly delicious and basically saved the meal from mediocrity.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We were there on first week opening, rich menu and kind staff, we find a boy with Italian roots who helps us! Best mac&cheese ever eaten, I chose the "crab mac". Not too expensive. Trust me try it

Reviewed March 6, 2018

I felt the food was mediocre, small crab claws with very little meat on them. My father was a fisherman and we have huge edible crabs around our shores, these did not seem to be from that species. Four 'fish fingers' which should be called 'Gujons'' , a bowl of chips, a bowl of chopped sprouts -and 5 bony chicken wings in a sort of caramel coating to finish. plus a litre of beer (£10) . The staff were lovely however, the food just did not impress. Bill £60. ( which includes a 10% service charge).

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Prepare to eat with your hands and end up mucky, garlicky and very, very happy.

The signature dish of cracked clab claws comes with claw crackers and masses of garlic and herbs. Delicious. An inventive salt crust baked celeriac came too. Just yum. These guys started with street food at festivals where there was always a queue. This is their first restaurant. Go before you can’t get a table.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

Went for lunch, expecting only to have a little sandwich until I came across Claw Carnaby. I can not recommend it enough of you are a lover for crab, mussels, chicken or pork. They do a variety of street food which is another bonus! The staff are so lovely as well!

1  Thank Tayler H