“Really good Mexican food, great ambiance and service”

Wahaca Shoreditch Test Kitchen
Ranked #8,404 of 24,659 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$30
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Description: Our exciting new Test Kitchen in the heart of Shoreditch has a brand new menu with incredible new dishes alongside some of our classic favourites.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Title of the review says it all really. Was there for husband's birthday and we both had a fabulous time. Food excellent, especially the beach shack fish tacos which reminded me of those we have had in Mexico itself and the roast pepper with green herb mole which was delicious and felt really healthy too. Service excellent. When we asked if they had our favourite Negro Modelo bear, which was not available, they provided us with a great alternative. A gratis tequila at the end of the evening was also a nice touch - a quality product. We especially liked that the staff were so knowledgeable and some had travelled to Mexico for the company so knew what they were talking about. A splendid evening and highly recommended.

1  Thank Neworiginal
Matt W, General Manager at Wahaca Shoreditch Test Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Thank you so much for your positive and detailed review. I remember speaking to you both about your travels to Mexico and your passion for quality tequila - I couldn't help but offer you a sample of my favourite! Really glad you enjoyed the Pinche Guey as replacement for the Negra and I hope to see you guys here again soon.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

I love wahaca, i really badly do. But the test kitchen... I want to love it because the staff are great, the place looks great, the food is tasty.
However! For some reason they give you a smaller portion at a higher cost at this place.
2 tacos instead of 3, for 50p more.
I did question the staff and they did try to explain that the size/weight was equivalent, but it definitely wasn't.
I'll still be going to wahaca but I'll stick to the regular branches that don't rip you off.

2  Thank lina n

Thank you for your open feedback, I remember speaking to you on the day and would like to let you know I have passed your feedback onto the food development team. Thanks also for submitting your feedback via our interactive bill, your support is much appreciated.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

My family and I visited this new Wahaca to compare with the other ones. the food was delicious, very tasty, well presented but portions were smaller than the other Wahaca's. a bit disappointed as we have to order extra food to be satisfied. Even so we recommended as the quality price is good. We fall in love with the decor. Definitely we will be back soon.

Thanks so much for your review. As the test kitchen, we are constantly responding to customer feedback and interaction and your comments have been put submitted to the food development team. While the focus here is on delivering the most delicious and vibrant Mexican food, we are still very much committed to great value for money.

Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

This was my first visit to Wahaca but I can definitely say it won't be my last! The atmosphere was lovely and relaxed. The staff were attentive and friendly, checked all the queries I had about dishes with the chef which was great. The food itself was so delicious, I had to stop myself from ordering another round of tacos! For starters we shared the Mexico City Nachos which were nice, I think next time I will order some guacamole on the side, my main was the beach shack fish which just melted in my mouth, seriously could have ordered more of those! To round off the meal I had the vanilla and salted caramel ice cream with Mexican buneulo- that was magic. So looking forward to getting to London again for a trip to Wahaca

Matt W, General Manager at Wahaca Shoreditch Test Kitchen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2018

Hey Yasmin
Thank you so much for the positive review and we're especially glad you enjoyed our Beach Shack Fish Taco's. We look forward to welcoming you again.

See you soon!

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

Part of Chain so you know what to Expect.
Service good & efficient, food was of high standard for this type of restaurant. Does what says on tin.

1  Thank Gmickbrighton

We pride ourselves on the high standards we have here, it's good to see they come across to our guests. Thankyou