“Terrible service”
Review of The Grand

The Grand
Reserve with OpenTable
The Grand is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16,409 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Neighborhood: Mayfair
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We came for a cake and coffee and where extremely disappointed with the service received.
The waiter who served us was very rude. We ordered two desserts and he brought only one (throw it on the table) and completely forgot about the other one. I must say that both desserts where very tasty but completely ruined by the fact that we had to wait another 10 minutes for our coffee.
Once we finish and tried to get the attention of the waiter in order to ask for our bill but it was just a waste of time. A person who appeared to be the manager came to our table to light up the candle but he didn't even looked at us and when I called him he completely ignored me. tired and angry I made my way to him and asked for the bill directly. Lesson learned! you have the caffe concerto only a few steps away and even though the looked very similar, the service and attention are much better!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Always visited Cafe Pierre on Piccadilly for breakfast when visiting London but it is now a souvenir shop so now found The Grand.

Grand in size and design but a bit slow in service considering there were very few customers.

Coffee was OK. Orange juice was... poured... and toast was ....brown! At £12.49 I would have expected a little more speed and attention so perhaps I need to look for another breakfasting establishment.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Tables are a little cramped and canteeny but the food is lovely and a great choice covering sweets and savouries, meals and snacks. Quite loud and bustling but the atmosphere is enjoyable. Nice decor.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for business discussions. Good is that it’s not always full and no need reservation. Quiet and decent discussion environment. Regular services but i wasn’t looking for a five star so I’m ok with it.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

We popped in while wandering round Piccadilly and was pleasantly surprised. The decor is very Art Deco and gives a wonderful atmosphere. The staff were friendly but not over the top. The sandwiches that my husband and I had were really tasty he had chicken with rosemary and I had chicken cordon blue and they were both really tasty.