Residence Inn London Bridge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsborough marketbermondsey streetfree breakfasthallway noisenewly opened hotelbed basewestminster areastudio suitefully equipped kitchenfamily staya great stayfront desk staffmodern designminute walklong staypleasure of stayingsitting area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I waited to write this review to ensure I thought through the details of my stay and to ensure fairness to the property.

My wife, children and I chose to stay at the Residence Inn Tower Bridge over Easter Holiday 2018. Because we flew in overnight from Washington DC with four children under 9, I had specifically communicated with the hotel prior to confirm the availability of an early check in and to setup transfers. The helpful employee setup transfers from the airport to the hotel, and from the Hotel to Warner Brothers Studio. I was exceptionally pleased when the individual sent a confirmation email regarding our transfers and looked forward to the trip. Impressive!

We arrived at the hotel at 10am, only after requesting an Uber as our driver never arrived nor was Marriott staff able to reach. This delayed our departure at Heathrow and landed us in rush hour. (The same car service also didn’t show for our WB Studio transfer)

Upon arrival we were told the room wouldn’t be ready until the guests checked out (and they had until 12). We were occupying a larger studio space. Exhausted with no sleep, we left to find breakfast upon the staffs suggestion - though they offered no suggestions of where to go. Hotel breakfast wasn’t offered (which would have been perfect) and it was -pouring- rain outside. We trekked with our exhausted family and found a cafe. Upon return I was told to have the family wait in the lounge; then I was told the room was being cleaned and would be complete in one hour (it was 11am). At noon we were told it would be another 30 minutes to an hour. Absolutely exhausted and at my breaking point, I yelled quite loudly expressing my frustration in the lobby. The staff working the front desk seemed generally disengaged and uninterested in my dilemma. A gentleman by the name of Mark interjected and asked if he could help; he is the area GM. He took the steps of adding additional housekeeping staff, ensuring room availability promptly and offering refreshments while we waited. He called to check in after we made our way into the room.

The room itself was just fine for us. It was quite nice and well supplied. I did notice some wear which surprised me as the hotel has only been open for six months. As well, we had an odd sewage smell from the shower which I think is the result of an issue with the drain trap and the glass shower door frame had become unsecured.

My most emphatic feedback for the property would be to elevate the customer service experience at the front desk. There were so many opportunities to quell our frustration. It’s likely a top down correction of property leadership. Marriott is an incredible global brand; I’ve stayed at hundreds of hotels. The experience was inconsistent with others I have had. My father worked for Marriott for over 25 years, and it’s a factor in my motivation to support the brand.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank pcjislander
Cheniel H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hey pcjislander,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Residence Inn London Bridge and providing your feedback on your stay.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologise for falling short of meeting your expectations.

We try our upmost best to provide a room for our early arrivals depending on how busy we are for the night before. As check-out time is at 12 noon we are unable to guarantee a room before that time.

We have passed your feedback regarding the upkeep of the hotel to our Maintenance manager to work on an action plan to make the changes required to keep our hotel up to standard.

Once again, thank you for your valued feedback and we hope to serve you again whenever your travels bring you back to London.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great staff. Nice rooms. Quick walk to Tower and London bridges. Sort of off the beaten path a bit. Reasonably quiet residential area. We walked at night many times and felt safe. Some good pubs nearby. Will stay again.

Nice weight room and free laundry in the basement.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank Scott_FItzpatrick

Hey Scott_FItzpatrick,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us while in London and taking the time to share your feedback on your stay.

We are over the moon to hear you had a terrific stay and enjoyed our facilities and local area.

Our team will keep up the great job as we await your arrival.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What a great experience I had staying at this hotel. The staff were so friendly and helpful, and even regional management (Randy) took personal interest in making sure guests were taken well care of. The location was great for my business needs, close to several tube stops and the river.

I've got to say, having stayed at Marriott properties for over 20 years, this was one of the nicest I have experienced. Definitely the best Residence Inn--luxury and amenities beyond the brand, I would say.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Kevin B

Dear Kevin B,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your latest adventure to the great city of London.

We take great pride with taking care of all our guest and we are pleased to hear we didn't fail you.

We look forward to welcome you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Travelled down for a meeting at Kings College and wanted somewhere with no fuss and not far from London Bridge.

Ideal hotel with excellent facilities and loads of restaurants and bars nearby.

Great room on the third floor with welcome glass of wine and crisps. Got there a bit late so used Deliveroo which worked out fine.

First class accommodation, very nice breakfast and warm and friendley staff, although designed for long stay was still excellent for one night.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank Trebor5417
Cheniel H, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn London Bridge, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Hey Trebor5417,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to the city of London.

WOW!!!! 5 stars, that's what we like to see, we are over the moon to see that we have provided a seamless stay for you.

You were our GUEST OF THE DAY on the day of your arrival, please to hear you enjoy the treats.

We will keep up our hard work and provide our great service and lovely breakfast.

Can't wait to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great hotel , location walking distance from the train station, warmest and great hotel staff, great customer service. Room clean , kitchenette, convenient store everywhere, comfy bed, breakfast included , variety of food . I love it. Thank you to all hotel personnel

Room Tip: Amazing , outstanding vacation trip
Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Hector S

Hey Hector S,

Thank you for the whopping 5 stars, we are pleased to see that we warm and welcoming to make you feel at home.

We are very blessed with an amazing local area and great facilities and were happy that we were able to share these with you.

We look forward to welcome you to stay with us very soon, Until next time!!