“Brunch with free-flowing prosecco!”

King's Head and Courtyard
Ranked #7,344 of 24,678 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$9 - US$40
Description: When Asked To Find The Perfect Realm For The King Of The Jungle Mother Nature Dug Her Roots Deep Until She Found Her Haven In The Heart Of Bishop's Park... But This Is No Ordinary Kingdom.. This Is Where Nature Meets Mankind, Where Everything Is Not As It Seems, A World So Magical, It Will Make You Wish You Never Had To Leave... This, Is Heaven In Hiding. Find Your Way Through The Concrete Jungle And Allow The King To Put On A Show, The Rest Is Just Monkey Business...
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I found Brunch for two with free-flowing prosecco as a deal on Groupon and thought I would take a chance - I was not disappointed! I booked this as a surprise birthday for my best friend, after booking I received an email from the manager, Nenad, for the security code etc. I mentioned it was for my friends birthday and Nenad offered a free birthday shot upon arrival!
The customer service via email and at the restaurant was impeccable, I could not find one fault with their staff. Although inside was quite busy and in my opinion a little cramped, we were showed the outside seating area which consisted of blankets and cushions - it was lovely so we sat outside! We constantly had top-ups of prosecco, for more than the time allocated and the 3 courses we had as part of the Groupon deal was so yummy! I will definitely be returning with friends and family for future events!
Thank you to everyone at the King's Head & Courtyard for making my day and my friends birthday so special.

1  Thank Em_C520
Kingsheadlondon1, Manager at King's Head and Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Wow, thank you so much for such amazing feedback - you have truly made our day! We absolutely loved having you over and we cannot wait to have you over here again very soon. Will pass the feedback over to the team, they will really appreciate it!

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the venue as part of birthday celebrations for a friend of mine. We had a lovely experience which was not only due to the unlimited prosecco offer that we booked.

The staff were incredibly friendly and forthcoming. I was myself delayed with various engineering works all over the London Transport system. The restaurant were so kind to move the reservation to the time I arrived which alleviated a lot of stress and I was able to enjoy the experience in full.

The prosecco (the more-ish kind) kept coming and glasses were being te-filled regularly up to the point I was worried that I might leave the venue in the horizontal (I managed to get home by myself for anyone concerned).

The food was generously portioned, well filling and tasted great. Not overly salty which is always a danger with tapas - based on my experiences in London.

I have a thing for quirky decor which is not over-styled/designed. The King’s Head hit home for me. The atmosphere and decor are inviting, relaxed and go well with the friendly service. Although not living nearby, we plan on returning to see what the hallway makeover looks like - apparently ‘Stranger Things’ (!) inspired.

I would have given 5 stars were it not for the broken men’s toilet. Not a biggie - food, service and atmosphere almost made up for it.

Kingsheadlondon1, Manager at King's Head and Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you so much, you are super amazing, feedback like this truly makes our day. I will pass this feedback to the entire team and I know they will really appreciate it.

I am terribly sorry about the gents - this is not great news, but I can guarantee you we will do all we can to eliminate problems like this and it should not have interfered with you day, so sorry about this.

We seriously cannot wait to have you over again and please email us on info@kingsheadlondon.com - when you are in next as we would love to treat you to a drink on us.

See you hopefully very soon!

Reviewed 14 March 2018

First of all what happened to shop/bar signs? Unless we are blind, and we checked, there is no indication from the street that there is a bar and how is it called.

Anyway, as we got in the place is very cool, a way nicely decorated venue, one of the best I've ever seen and great bar area too.
Downside: music is too loud, I mean this is probably personal taste but such loud music kinda ruins the place's mood.
Luckily though, at the back there is the actual courtyard, again amazingly furnished, with few heated boots, with books (probably even a couple of board games) and also blankets. As opposed to the bar area, is a way more tranquil sit.
Nice to be there in the winter and I bet even nicer on summer.

Food is great. Loved the cheese burger, and cocktails ain't that bad too.

Kingsheadlondon1, Owner at King's Head and Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2018

Thank you very much for your review, we truly appreciate it! Our bar started off as a bit of a hidden treasure with access only through the Courtyard - which has signs, since expanding however - we now have new entrances - so our signs are being designed and on their way - we truly apologise about this and super glad you managed to find us.

Thank you for your amazing words on our decor. During the day our music should not be placed too loud - it is only from 20:00 that music gets louder, mainly on the weekend when the DJ as our cocktail bar turns into a bit more of a club vibe. Outside these hours, we try to have the volume down.

I really hope to see you over in the summer when our courtyard is fully operational with a bar outside set up.

Please email me on info@kingsheadlondon.com stating your review name and 'Trip Advisor' and we would love to offer you a free cocktail on your next visit. We cannot wait to see you over again soon - let us know if the music is too loud as feedback like this really helps us to make sure you have the best experience.

Ps. The Cheese Burger is our fave too.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Surprised they let a large gang of lad like us in? No draught beer ended up with a bottles of lager I've never heard of, sold out of bottles, next a coke sized tin of something called 'lawn mower' that was quite pleasant, Seated where three well dressed & well heeled girls who where quite drunk on some bottomless prosecco deal, which they decided to throw than drink! Think a few drinks where thrown back & they where soon gone! There is a massive outdoor area with a bar, which was closed it was raining, but would be ideal in summer.

Kingsheadlondon1, Owner at King's Head and Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2018

Thank you for your review, we heard about the situation on the day - with one of the guests and we can only apologise for this - the team reacted on this as quick as we could - and the girl involved was not allowed back on the venue. Unfortunately this was an unpredictable moment and we acted on this as best as we could. Apologies that you were involved in this. Our outdoor area does have draft beer - but due to the weather conditions - we could not open this section. The outdoor area is run as a separate entity - so more for a great weather kind of day - our indoor bar is a cocktail lounge - so unfortunately - more focused on craft beer - and cans. If it was not for the weather - we would have recommended out outdoor section. We would love to have you over again soon to experience our outdoor bar section - and we are glad despite the weather limitations you still had a good time, we hope to make it a 5 star review the next time you are in. Thank you for taking the time to review our bar.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

A few friends and I visited the King's Head and Courtyard last weekend for their bottomless brunch. We chose to sit outside in a booth under the heater and were provided with super snuggly blankets which kept us perfectly warm.

Our server was fantastic and made sure that our glasses were never empty. For the sub that comes with the deal, I had a steak and cheese. It was huge and absolutely delicious!

We were having such a good time that when our bottomless session ended and it started to get dark we decided to head inside for a few more drinks. The music was fantastic and the venue filled up quite quickly from about 8pm.

What was planned as a quick bottomless brunch turned into a full night affair! We had a blast and danced into the early hours of the morning.

I would definitely recommend visiting this bar - We had a fabulous time and I will definitely be returning to taste the rest of their cocktails.

Kingsheadlondon1, Manager at King's Head and Courtyard, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2018

Thank you for your review, we are glad that you had a great time and that you managed to make a night out of it. Hopefully we will be seeing you here plenty more times in future.