“Very good - no more no less ”

The Oystermen Seafood Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #12 of 24,659 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Neighborhood: Covent Garden
Description: The Oystermen concept was born in 2014, when seasoned hospitality professionals and great friends Matt Lovell and Rob Hampton shucked oysters together for guests at Matt’s wedding. Since then the duo have earned a reputation for providing a relaxed, affordable and fun dining experience like no other; celebrating Britain’s finest and freshest oysters and seafood at events around London with their p
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Location just around the corner of Covent Gardens, few tables with cozy atmosphere. Food menue rather small but sufficient. Whatever was served was very good but do not expect exceptional aromas and food compositions. Oysters were outstanding indeed. Prices were reasonable.

1  Thank oliver220501

Reviewed 3 April 2018

A very good experience, read all the reviews and wasn't disappointed. I went with My partner, and it was my first " taste " of a seafood restaurant.

We both shared the oysters for starters, which were very nice. The highlight
for me was the 1.2kg Crab. It was cooked to perfection, and the presentation was
excellent.

The venue itself was a little small but that didn't detract from the experience.

I would definitely visit again .

1  Thank Mattf1979f
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Birthday bookings can be a minefield - particularly when good seafood in central London is the dominant requirement. Thank god, then, for The Oystermen - the first, last and only name you need to know for great seafood in London.

First things first - it's tiny. Really, honestly tiny. But with an incredible staff team and a slick operation behind them, it never feels chaotic or overwhelming in the way small restaurants can. Instead, you get the perfect blend of attentive (but not overbearing) service, a buzzing atmosphere, and the opportunity to spy on orders from every table around you; just what's needed when the default position could easily be 'bring us one of everything on the menu'.

And what a menu it is. The temptation would be to ignore the cooked oysters in favour of their raw counterparts - don't. That's not to say the raw oysters aren't amazing (they are, and you'd be a fool not to find that out for yourself), but there's some witchcraft in the beef and oyster "pie"; it might just be the best thing on the menu.

But then, the crab. The amazing, delicious crab. Or the smoked cod roe. Or the whitebait. Or, again, those raw oysters. Or, frankly, any of it. It's all good; it's all better than good. It's the only place you'll ever want to seek out seafood in London ever again.

Do book, though. Definitely book. Those few tables get snapped up fast, and you don't want to be the walk-in walking out once you've clapped eyes on that brilliant seafood.

2  Thank Christopher S
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We came for the oysters and they have been very fresh and tasty. Service was fast, friendly and attentive. I recommend this place to all seafood lovers.

1  Thank Kathy T
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have been here a few times before on my own when I enjoyed the oysters.
I visited with my son to celebrate his new job and, as is my wont, we pushed the boat out. English sparkling wine to get us going, followed by oysters tempura, superb whitebait, excellent anchovy toast and wonderful Dover sole on the bone.
Great creme brûlée for dessert and the best cheeseboard that I have had in a long time. All delivered in a minuscule space.
And great ambience.
Please resist the temptation to “upgrade”.

1  Thank feckerdoc