“So Excited By The Sights & Smells - More Please!”

Kimchee Pancras Square
Ranked #3,434 of 24,318 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$27
Description: Authentic korean food in the heart of London,just a stone's throw from King's Cross and St. Pancras Stations, in Pancras Square. Kimchee provides a beautiful atmosphere to enjoy elegantly presented Korean cuisine with a lively atmosphere in which to share a business lunch, a group outing on a late weekend lunch, or sip some fusion cocktails over some sharing platters on a night out.
Reviewed 19 September 2021

I wandered around King's Cross then stumbled upon Kimchee and sat down to dine!

Fab cocktail, no skinny mini portions, so that was appreciated.

I was so excited by the sights and smells that I ordered the beef dumplings while waiting for my friend. They were nice (with added chilli sauce) but £9 seemed a bit steep for 4.

My mate ordered the salmon when she arrived and loved it. I then had their signature and bespoke double-dipped fried chicken. It was a bit greasy and not much taste, despite the significant crunch to it. Not all the options advertised were available either, in fact, 3 -4 things on the menu were not on offer; perhaps covid/lockdown related, not sure.

Staff were lovely but a bit slows on sharing cutlery etc for example. The bamboo baskets I had also seemed a tad unclean with some sauce from a previous service, I think.

The decor inside was really nice with an open kitchen, low light and authentic (looking) tables. The benches outside, while they looked good were uncomfortable after a while sitting on them.

The loos were funky but could have done with a bit of a freshen up too. I got a little lost trying to find them as well!

Overall am dying to go back and sample some more of the amazing smelling food that tickled my nostrils.

A picture menu would have been great too as we spent some time eyeing up the delights others had ordered, and then not knowing what it was...

Date of visit: September 2021
KimcheeUK, Marketing at Kimchee Pancras Square, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Hi Vanessa, thanks for such a detailed review! I have shared your feedback with our team at Kimchee Pancras Square. We hope to see you soon :)

Write a reviewReviews (358)

Reviewed 15 September 2021

Given the shorter menu online I thought there would be a larger range of dishes available in the restaurant. There was but after telling a server I had a nut and sesame allergy all that was accessible to me was plain rice and avocado salad. There is also no allergen menu w the main allergens and if they are present, you just have to wait for a supervisor to talk to you which leaves room for human error, for ppl with severe allergies wouldn’t recommend. 2 stars because the cocktail was nice but thought we are in a day and age where it would be more accommodating than having no substantial hot food options for me and no allergen menu. Can’t be overly annoyed because it is the style of cooking to douse everything in sesame oil or seeds though to be honest

Date of visit: September 2021

Hi Kee, We are sorry that you experienced some issues during your visit. Due to the way our kitchen operates, we cannot guarantee that our food will be nut free. We have taken your feedback on board and we are making sure to keep an eye on the points you have noted moving forward. Thank you.

Reviewed 24 July 2021 via mobile

Personally I thought this was some of the nicest Korean food I’ve ever had .

The fried chicken wings where the best I have had anywhere in the world and that’s no lie , crispy coat and juicy chicken with an unexpectedly good sauce . They took a while to Come but dam these where so good I ordered another . They should enter a competition or wings based on this experience and I was told these are
Cooked from fresh .

All dishes where excellent , zero complaint and the staff where also excellent .

I did I think see the boss man wondering around which probably upped the game , however excellent experience .

Thankyou team

Date of visit: June 2021

Thanks for the 5stars review!!:)

Reviewed 7 July 2021 via mobile

nice, well decorated place … friendly staff … we ordered the kimchee jeon, dolsot bibimbap & soup (forgot the name) … the food was very well presented … it wasn’t as good as the korean restaurant i frequent but this place was more presentable

Date of visit: May 2021

Thank you for your review! :)

Reviewed 5 July 2021

Amazing experience in Korean Restaurant Kimchee in 2 Pancrass Rd. Great service Very tasty food! Loved it

Date of visit: July 2021