“"Sad to Say!"”
Review of Mere

Mere
Reserve with OpenTable
Mere is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #67 of 24,678 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$46 - US$85
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Neighborhood: Fitzrovia
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our expectations were high but balanced as we entered the restaurant. My champagne was sent back as it was flat but kindly replaced, however it was half measures which was disappointing. The staff didn't seem interested almost bored not sure why but the evening became flat in its delivery of food and atmosphere. We wanted it to work for Monica as we love her style and personality. As for the restaurant it failed to be enjoyable. We were rushed and bread not replenished but whisked away. The dishes especially the dessert seriously left us wanting, couldn't taste pear but tasted mush. There wasn't an excitement about the place, the staff were young but that shouldn't hinder the quality of the food but it did. Sorry could not be more positive.

1  Thank Hilary2703

Reviewed 4 April 2018

As per title we went for the tasting menu with wine pairing.
> The pairing was good but not extravagant ( other fine dining would try and include Ale and cider which I find a little more exciting ).
> We really enjoy the consommé as the highlight , the rest was v.good but deja-vu.
>Cheese( Basque at the time, sliced like 'Tete de Moine' ), good but again if you have to put cheese on a tasting menu you have more interesting option to choose from.
> The dessert was the big let down, no better than a good pub one. I like the dessert to blow me away, to leave on a high note, my partner and high definitely though this was a miss.
> The team was very friendly yet professional which is a rare balance to acheive

1  Thank vivavesta
Reviewed 2 April 2018

I came here with high expectations, based on feedback from others. Unfortunately, it missed by a wide mark. We entered to meet a dour receptionist who seemed bored and unwilling to smile. After some encouragement she took our coats and we soon were escorted down to our table. I found the wine list okay but the guidance provided in navigating the list and the service in general was fair at best. Our main course took significantly longer than expected - some nearby tables that arrived after us were through their entrees and mains by the time we asked up about ours for the 2nd time. I also found surprisingly little variance between some of the dishes - there were two of us that had a different main but the sauce and side was essentially exactly the same. The pricing was high for the level of indifference of the staff and the other issues - seems like the restaurant has some menu and and staffing issues to sort out. I cannot really recommend it - I would rather visit Roka or Ham Yard Hotel or someplace else for better service, wine, and food.

1  Thank JPhilly
Reviewed 2 April 2018

A pre holiday treat with our daughter and her boyfriend who live in London. Luxurious setting with great pre dinner cocktails and the food is just fabulous. Perfect for when you want to spoil yourself.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

A friend and I went for the set lunch as we do regularly in good restaurants and we were disappointed with very limited choice e.g. Dessert was a chocolate concoction or the alternative was cheese with a supplement of £6 and although the service was ok not of the standard I would have expected.

1  Thank Zebedee65