“A lovely accidental find”

Santorini Restaurant
Ranked #1,278 of 24,829 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Greek
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed 27 November 2017

We had intended to eat at the Couscous cafe only to find it shut. I'd researched the area around Bayswater and so we went to Santorini in Moscow Rd. The restaurant has a pretty standard menu of Greek food set in very pleasant decor. It was almost empty when we arrived for lunch at 1pm but quickly filled up with two large parties of Greek families and by the time we left was packed. Not surprising though as the food was delicious - scordalia very creamy and garlicky , tender calamari , fish soup good racks of tender lamb cutlets , very easy and generous moussaka portions . All good. A surprise was a Greek chardonnay , very rich in colour and flavour , surprising as my experience of Greek wines hasn't always been good. Service was charming .A nice find.

Reviewed 26 November 2017 via mobile

Went with a group of 9. We shared starters, did individual mains with shared salads, and shared deserts. With 10 starters we really got a good cross section of the offerings. The starters were absolutely amazing and there was a huge number of options, all made fresh on site. They served the best spanikopeta (spelling?) that I have ever eaten. The dolmades were unusually light and tasty. Most everyone went for the lamb (in one version or other) but one person got a steak and was thrilled. The deserts were fabulous and the chef even made up something (a yogurt with honey and nuts) that was not on the menu when requested. The eating area is bright and clean. I would LOVE to come back and try some of the things we just didn’t have room for on this trip. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

To describe in just two words: amazingly tasty! And here are some more details.

Initially I've picked up few high rated restaurants in the area to enjoy dinner after the movie. Greek food I didn't eat for a while, so finally decided for Santorini.

I came a bit earlier, and told to a waiter that had a booking at 19.30. "But its not 19.30 yet", - said a waiter grumpily. "Is it a problem?". "Not at all, its much better!". Local humor.

Service was very fast for the drinks and starters, despite a restaurant was full. White house wine was incredibly refreshing and aromatic. Spinach pie, generously big, with sour cream (yogurt in the menu) was melting in my mouth, and if I was not surrounded by people, I would purr of pleasure.

For the main I chose fried fish. Also very good, not oily or salty - just excellent! And very fresh.

There are many intriguing dishes in the menu, and I am already planning my return!

Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We had the seafood special £26 each and every pound worth it. It started with olives, humus, ..., then tomato salad, anchovies, calamari then grilled sea bass, prawns, etc....
An enjoyable diner in a nicely decorated place.

Reviewed 12 November 2017 via mobile

This Greek restaurant is simply perfect. The staff are so friendly and attentive. The cocktails at the bar are delicious. I have been here twice and tasted a lot of dishes. They were all very good. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.