“Ok”
Review of Aquavit

Aquavit
Ranked #549 of 24,242 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$26 - US$64
Description: Aquavit London is a new contemporary all day dining experience,a restaurant that showcases the very best of Nordic cuisine and design. By taking inspiration from the original Aquavit, the two Michelin star restaurant in New York and adding a more informal setting Aquavit London creates a new modern take on Nordic fine dining. Opening 24th of November, 2016
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Visited Aquavit on Good Friday with a girlfriend. I wanted a nice celebratory meal for her as she has recently passed a LOT of exams in training for her new job. I chose here as I'd never been before and it looked very special. They had an appealing deal...unlimited sparkling wine (aka prosecco) for £20 during their brunch times. We arrived there and was met by a very lovely receptionist who took my name and then took our coats off us. We were escorted to our table and presented with menus. The menu looked amazing and I was right in thinking so...the food was to absolutely die for. Quite expensive but such good food!! The herring smorgasbord (don't know how it's spelt) was a particular favourite. Free refills on their lovely bread too. However, going back to the part where we were given menus...that's when the service got VERY disappointing. We spent a some time looking at the menus and then we were ready to order. It literally took 23 minutes to try and order food and drinks. There seemed to only be 2 girls walking around with purpose but never systematically looking after their customers. Some people that came in after us got served before us but only because they called her over. Initially I refused to call them over. With it being such a posh restaurant, you shouldn't need to be called over. However, after 20 minutes of looking around stupidly, I gave in to waving at someone. It turned out to be what looked like a manager who was very pleasant and took our order and served our drinks straight away. The other 2 girls seemed absolutely useless. In the first 45 minutes of our 2 hour unlimited drinks, the manager kept us well topped up. However, after this, no-one topped us up until we gave in (again) and called someone over (twice!!). It was not unlimited prosecco and the service was very very poor for such a high end restaurant. On top of this bad service, I made the booking on Opentable and it had a section for special requests. I had requested something nice to be done, whatever they do, for my friend to help congratulate her for her success. However, nothing at all happened. So that again added into the bad service and it's such a same as the food was to die for and I would go back if that option was an option alone...takeway? Haha. But in all truth, I will not be going there again. Sorry Aquavit. Keep your chef's but fire your waitresses (or retrain them!)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

If a picture says 1000 words, I would not write anything more. From the minute I walked in and saw the details in the design, the bar, B&O playing in the background I had start with a cocktail in the best.
I usually start with champagne and then go for my favourites to see how well they perform. A must try is their starter herrings, toast skagen, as main the biff Rydberg (my friend had the Swedish meatballs) and a icecold Aquavit in between. You will save yourself a trip to Scandinavia ...

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Saw the name and felt the draw of scandi food and spirits. Popped in and checked out the menu then hurried back after shopping. Sat at the bar, watched the crowd and loved the herrings. Great service and delicious food - inner Viking very happy.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

From outside to inside...from the greeting to the seating...from the service to the menu....one word: Exceptional.
The food..oh Lordy...simply divine. My sister and friend both had the burger..they did not stop talking about it during the rest of our stay: " the best hamburger everrrrr"! I had the vegetarian potato dumplings...Can I say they were heavenly? Can I say that I still dream of them? Because it would all be true.
So : " Vite! vite!! To Aquavit!!"... You don't know what you are missing!!!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

You don't need to drink the famous beverage to enjoy stylish food and service. It is not inexpensive, but great value for a civilised pre-theatre meal.