All reviewspaddington stationhyde parkheathrow expresssmall kitchennespresso machineelemis toiletriesgreat hotelcentral linerainfall showersofa bedexcellent locationkensington gardensboutique hotelmarble archoxford stminute walkquiet street
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We staying in a "suite" with a 4 year old and had the worst night I've ever experienced in a Hotel.
The room itself was on the small side. With the sofa bed out you could not access the bedroom so people in there were trapped. It was however clean and modern although the shower had a really bad smell and leaked on the bathroom floor.
We were visiting London for the first time with our daughter and had lots planned. We therefore requested a quiet room as we knew we would be getting an early night. When I realised we were only on the first floor I questioned the lady at reception and she said it was a quiet room. The road noise was immense. I thought the window must be open but they were closed properly. All that money spent and no secondary glazing on the windows.
It took us a while to get to sleep because of the traffic and sound of people going past.
Then at around midnight we were woken up by some horrifically loud music. Very bassy. I thought it was a car outside but it kept going so I called reception, and again and again, it finally stopped around 1:15am after I had got out of bed and gone down to reception to sort it out. One night porter seemed to think it was a joke, the second came to our room to listen and the music stopped shortly afterwards. Our daughter was wide awake and didn't understand what was going on.
We were exhausted the next day and ended up getting an early train home instead of sightseeing.
On check out I complained and got £50 off my bill. So we paid £190 for a small, unsuitable room that we hardly got any sleep in.
The staff had numerous chances to sort it out but failed. Very disappointed.

Room Tip: Do not accept a room on a low floor on the roadside
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Kiren K, General Manager at The Westbourne Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Phillipp,

Thank you for taking the time to write a your review. We are very surprised with your review, as you can see from our other reviews we always try to accommodate and give a very good service to our guests. On this occasion I am afraid the room is not your likings. We hope to welcome you soon and ensure you have a better experience with us.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 2 April 2018

The room is very nicely designed and well lit with ample amenities, such as the capsule coffee machine. Bed was comfortable, very clean and the staff was pleasant. The hotel is located in a very nice area of London, very central and a short walk to Paddington and all the other restaurants and stores nearby. Will definitely consider staying again. The only point that could be improved is that the hotel outside is not well lit and is difficult to spot if you arrive at night.

Room Tip: Rooms have double panes therefore are quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this brilliant review of your recent visit.

We are very proud of our room comforts and design and I am very glad that you found our rooms to be unique, clean and comfortable. We are also located just near Hyde Park and Main Paddington station.
We looking forward to welcome you back to The Westbourne Hyde Park Hotel, your new home away from home, upon your next visit to London.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

Located just five minutes walk from Paddington Station it's ideal for exploring Hyde Park and surrounding area. Great staff - pleasant and professional and the room was spotlessly clean with a wonderful bathroom. I'll certainly be using it again.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this brilliant review of your recent visit.
We are indeed ideally located, a stones throw away from the beautiful Kensington Gardens, some fantastic eateries and retail outlets and close to transport networks. Our friendly team is an asset and big thank you for your high recommendation.
I look forward to personally welcoming you back to The Westbourne Hyde Park Hotel next time you visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 27 March 2018

rooms were very clean with high quality fixtures. beds were very comfy. about a 5 min walk away from paddington station. would definitely recommend to anyone who needs to stay in this area of london. the staff were all lovely and polite as well.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kiren K, General Manager at The Westbourne Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Vreep,

I was so pleased to read your excellent review on your recent stay here at The Westbourne Hyde Park.

It fills me with great joy to learn that that my staff did everything possible to make your stay a memorable one. It has been an absolute pleasure to read your compliments on our generous in room products and amenities.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Westbourne Hyde Park.

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I stayed 4 nights in March. Hotel was newly renovated and located near Hyde Park. 5 minutes walk to Paddington and 2 underground stations, Paddington and Lancaster gate. Room has kitchen, and was clean.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review about your stay with us. We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Westbourne Hyde Park in the hopefully near future.