Best Western Palm Hotel
    Great 4.5/5
    Hyelm(London)
    • Fitness center
    Good 3.5/5
    All reviewsgolders green tube stationdual carriagewaysky boxbusy roadmarble archbus stopwembley stadiumfinchley roadcongestion chargelovely showernorthern lineafter midnighttriple roombooked this hotelwould stay againone night staylovely hotel
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I don't normally do second reviews but I really do feel that some of the reviews here are a little unfair. I am not being paid by the hotel btw.

The car park is small but there is car parking and it is London. We have only once not been able to get in the car park and in that instance the hotel told us exactly where there was parking without restriction.

Occasionally there is noise, there's a dual carriageway outside the hotel and they do hold functions at weekends that don't go on all night.

The tube is probably not the best option. The bus, a few minutes walk away, takes you to Selfridges then Oxford Circus.

The above issues are factored into the price, it can be very reasonable.

On previous to last visit we'd used a triple and there was simply not enough room. The hotel staff are always willing to accommodate and they offered to move us. On this visit we rang in advance and they were happy to sort us out with a better room.

We used the bar late at night and were well catered for, ordering a few Ciabattas that were delicious.

One minor criticism, the cooked breakfast items are uncovered and some items were a little dry, this should be addressed.

Taking into account the price, we'd booked well in advance, we were very satisfied and will visit again in the near future.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
    PalmHotelLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Palm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear RazzyBthefirst,

Thank you very much for reviewing the Palm Hotel and being a regular guest at our hotel. I am glad you continue to enjoy service, food and location.
    It is my hope that you will continue to stay with us for years to come.
    Kind regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

All in all, not an amazing hotel, but for the money, it’s good enough, and free parking.

The room: clean, air conditioning, fridge, tv with sky (our remote didn’t work): occasionally got odd smell, like sewerage.. not from the bathroom, but seemed like it came through the air conditioning, only for a few moments, bit it was there none the less

Bed: our double bed was 2 singles together, and the mattress’ were rock hard, and i could feel a spring coming out of the side, but after all the walking we did, it was okay, and the were clean!

Bathroom: clean, nice and modern with 2 showers, rainfall and a normal one. Towels smelled a bit odd, like they’d been kept in a cupboard with cooking stuffs or something.

Parking: it was free, nothing bad can be said about free parking in London!

Transport: nearest tube station is a good 20 minute walk, or £5 in an uber to get to Finchley Road station
    Also go an Uber to Camden (£9) and the Natural History museum (£14)

Food: didn’t eat at the hotel, but found when checking there is almost nowhere around to get a meal. The hotel is on a main road, with no business along it, so don’t expect a walk to the shop for a drink

All in all, not bad, a good base just to wash and sleep, cheap enough to be worth paying to travel into London from

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
    PalmHotelLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Palm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 days ago

Dear Gleen,Thank your time to review us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, If you asked the reception they could to find shops in area, and there is a few restaurant and bar in the other side of the road. And we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
    Kind regards-Customer Relation

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed twice in the last two weeks while visiting my daughter and seeing a show in London with my son. On both occasions the staff went out of their way to be polite, helpful and kind. They facilitated early check ins and late parking and generally went above and beyond to make the stay comfortable. Well appointed rooms and facilities. For the price in London this was a very pleasant experience. I have paid far more for far less.
    I'll be visiting again.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Paul R, Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travellers, it is most uplifting to read about your positive impression of the hotel and the staff.
    We are hard at work to improve our product and services, I hope to see you in near future.
    Kind regards,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Never will I stay at this hotel ever again. At check in I was made to feel like a bothering criminal compelled by the receptionist Cristina "you have to pay" simply because the booking was for a total of 11 nights in theory total cost of over £2000. which it seems frightened her. I was harassed every other day at reception by the same individual "you have to pay" my fellow accompanying guest checked out 5 days before they were due because of the behaviour. After all of that I was overcharged. Be warned - never again

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
    1  Thank Claudette B
    Reviewed March 7, 2018 via mobile

I chose this hotel to have my sons barmitzvah in one of their function rooms called the Hampstead suite. It was the Perfect size room and the staff on the night were amazing along side the event organisers at the hotel who helped me through the whole process from start to finish. The food was delicious and everything went like clockwork ! My family who lives outside of london also stayed here for the whole weekend and were also very happy with their stay and rooms . Great location as near everything .

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
    PalmHotelLondon, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Palm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2018

Dear Esther E,Thank you very much for your wonderful review and feedback.We are glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us, location.and I will pass your kind words to our amazing team members. we look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
    Kind regards-Customer Relation