Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$280
US$267
US$213
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
US$175
US$355
US$245
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrooftop barswimming poolguest ambassadororiginal cellskray twinscourt roomsauna and steam roomstreet stationbeautiful hotelduty managerking roombars and restaurantsgreat facilitiesrooms are largewalk in showerhotel barwould highly recommend this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a fabulous stay at this lovely themed hotel, a few minutes' walk away from Old Street tube. The staff were cheerful, friendly and helpful (without being overly fussy), and the vibe is stylish, cool and East London chilled. Valeria looked after us especially well and nothing was too much trouble. The small cell-rooms in the bar area, with wall murals of the infamous inmates, are delightful. Not too pricey for London either. We will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in 223, with no bathtub TV feature, but overlooked bustling Old Street.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank skaro1503775
Mahesh N, General Manager at Courthouse Hotel Shoreditch, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear skaro1503775,
Thank you for your fantastic review and mentions for our super staff. I have passed your kind words onto the team and Valeria in particular. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Courthouse Shoreditch soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I booked this hotel for a one night stay to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary and we were not disappointed. The staff were all amazing, friendly and helpful. Room Was a good size and we made use of the pool and sauna. We were given 2 complementary glasses of prosecco and had a large slice of cake delivered to a room with a note from the hotel manager because we were celebrating. This was a very nice touch. We really enjoyed our pre going out drinks in the hotel bar and made ourselves comfortable in what was Ronnie Krays cell....I loved the whole experience and we will certainly be back. The only negative was that the buffet breakfast items such as sausage,beans and scrambled egg were cold which was a shame and it did take about half an hour to get our car back from valet parking. Again this didn't stop me rating 5 out of 5 because the whole experience was simply fabulous. Thank you to all the team we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sarah R

Dear Sarah
Thanks for your kind words. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we could make your special day even more memorable. Please let us know when you will be back and we will ensure that breakfast service is a lot quicker. We look forward to your return.

Wramest regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Visited The Courthouse hotel yesterday with a friend and enjoyed afternoon tea in Judge & Jury. Experience was wonderful from start to finish. We enjoyed a glass of champagne, some excellent tea and a great selection of sweet and savoury treats. The staff were excellent, friendly and attentive, they even bought us over another couple of glasses of champagne to apologise for short wait we had experienced, which really wasn’t their fault as we were slightly early for our booking. The hotel spent its past life as a magistrates court and police station, it has managed to retain lots of its history, character and original features whilst being cleverly turned into a unique hotel. I love the fact they still have the original cells downstairs that you can now enjoy a drink in. Look forward to coming back soon to enjoy a drink or two or maybe stay the night.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank LondonMac1

Dear LondonMac1
What a delicious way to spend an afternoon at Courthouse Shoreditch. Thank you for your lovely words about our gorgeous hotel and it's quirky features. Can't wait to welcome you back, perhaps for an evening in our bar next time!

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Let me start with the outside of the hotel.... I have driven past many times and never thought such a unique building with such detail would be a hotel in the middle of Shoreditch! It used to be an old court, the staff would tell you more.... We were greeted at first by the car park entrance where a lovely gentleman took the car to park it for us.

We were then met at reception by a fabulous duo of staff named Chris and Valarie, all smiles, extremely informative and discrete with the surprise I had arranged for my Fiances birthday.

Valarie had kindly placed the most amazing orange/jaffa cake in our room which was a surprise to us on our return from our day out.

Chris took time out to show us around the hotel and explained in detail the history, showed us the unique holding cells from when it was a court house and how they had transformed them into chic lounge rooms for small groups. One was kept as the original so we can see how they used to be.

He then showed us the in house private cinema and the private bowling alleys! I have never seen a hotel with such unique details and facilities.

The spa area looked lush too but as we were there for only 1 night we had our day packed out so we did not get to use the facilities.

Our personal tour ended with Chris leaving us in the bowling alley along with a glass of prosecco each for an hour long private session which (Valarie brought down to us). The place was unreal! We had use of an iPad where we could control what music we wanted, the lighting, use of table tennis and a football table.

I have stayed in many hotels in London and this is definitely one of my top 3.

Thank you to all of the staff at breakfast, on reception, at the bar etc but especially to Chris and Valarie for making our experience perfect!

I would 100% book again.

Room Tip: The higher the better as you will have less road noise but to be fair, we were on the 3rd floor and it was absolutely fine.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Athykyp

Dear Athykyp
What a nice review! I am so pleased that our team especially Chris and Valeria could make your stay special. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I wouldn’t book this hotel again the rooms were basic ( dalston suite) on entry to the room the view was a brick wall .

Mugs had chocolate or biscuit stuck to them the top of toilet was dirty there was ring marks on the glass in the shower the walls were scuffed and the lighting and general decor was dark and depressing.

Breakfast on the Saturday was appalling the tables were not cleared for other diners who just stood looking at the staff wandering around they made very little effort to clear them the guy in charge just didn’t seem to give direction one server in particular ( blond lady with a long pony tail) was rude and when asked for cups and saucers for our table just looked at me offered me pepper and salt and walked off she wandered around basically doing as little as possible. In the end a young couple offered me their cups and saucer. This is not five star service it was fawlty towers in fact as breakfast carried on in a downward spiral it became very funny!,
This hotel may have a bowling alley and a spa but it’s got a lot of work to do with its staffs attitude , communication and quality of service. I won’t be back

I’ve tried to click on service cleanliness rooms to rate it down but this part of the questionnaire doesn’t work so that scoring will not be affected .....clever that

Room Tip: Just go somewhere else
Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Patricia1416
Thanks for your feedback. My apologies if your felt that some areas were below par. We take your comments on board and shall make sure that remedial measures are in place. The Dalston room is our entry level category and we usually get great reviews about the layout and also our rooms are larger than the average London hotel rooms.I sincerely hope you would return so that we can make amends for this visit.

Mahesh