The Shankly Hotel
    Print Hotel(Liverpool)
    Good 3.5/5
      • Breakfast included
      3,404 results
      All reviewsjacuzzi bathbastion restaurantliverpool fanshankly memorabiliagreat manamazing hotelluxury roomfootball fanssister hotelbottle of proseccohen partyafternoon teasignature livingevery member of staffbirthday treatbeautiful roomfantastic stay
      FilterAll languages
      Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Me and my girlfriend came down for the night to see a show and stayed here. The hotel is beautifully decorated in a good location. We only stayed in the classic rooms but it was still great. I really liked the bathroom and jacuzzi in our room. Again, we only stayed the one night but would happily have stayed there for a long weekend away. Staff were friendly as well. Didn't eat here so can't comment on the food. Loved the Bill Shankly memorabilia around the place.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
      Emma P, Guest Relations Manager at The Shankly Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Shaun P

Thank you for your lovely review!

I am pleased to read that you found the team here friendly and your room excellent. We pride ourselves on the experience we deliver to our guests and customer service is the pinnacle to our business.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon! Hopefully we will pick up that extra star.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I met friends for lunch at the hotel and was immediately impressed by the grand reception area and opulent bar / restaurant area. Immediately, my friend ordered me a ‘Signature Star of Bombay’ (knowing my love of gin) which was beautifully presented and tasted absolutely divine. For our meal, we enjoyed the steak frites and prawn sandwich with sweet fries - both meals were well presented and tasty. For dessert, I enjoyed the chocolate fondant which was very nice. Throughout the afternoon, the staff provided excellent, friendly service; we enjoyed a wonderfully relaxing afternoon in a great atmosphere. We’re now looking forward to enjoying afternoon tea there now which has been highly recommended.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends

Good afternoon Sarah C

We wouldl like to thank you for taking the time to review our Restaurant.

I am pleased to hear that we achieved to deliver a high standard of service during your evening. We always strive to be close to our guests and provide them an unique experience.

We are launching our new menu soon and hope to see you for a return visit in the near future.

Kinds regards

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Fri - Sun £200. This included 2 nights accommodation in a very very good hotel ideally situated for shopping/City Centre/football. The hotel itself is full of Bill Shankly memorabilia but Im not a footie fan so didn't appeal to me but very interesting for those who are! The car park is at the back of the hotel and not very well sign posted - I drove round 3 times before I managed to spot the entrance and it is ridiculously tight and expensive and the gym and sauna facilities can be used at an additional cost of £5/£10 per day respectively and are off site at the sister hotel but that's my only grumble. The £200 also included a meal Friday night, afternoon tea Saturday, cocktail making lessons at their sister hotel (more like long lost relative - 15 minute cab ride!) and a spa day Sunday which was extremely good value for money. The food was excellent and very well presented, the staff professional and polite. The hotel messed up our booking for the spa day on Sunday and were extremely apologetic and to compensate gave us free entry to a Magic Mike show on the Saturday night with free drinks all night which was very very decent of them. The rooms were exceptionally large - ours had 3 double beds and 2 Chesterfield settees ... plenty of tea/coffee etc and a huge jacuzzi bath as well as a power shower. We had a wonderful weekend and I can highly recommend this hotel. 10/10. Would definitely stay here if I go to Liverpool overnight again.

Room Tip: All views are of the surrounding busy Liverpool streets
      • Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends

Dear jenny2910

Thank you for your wonderful review.

We pride ourselves in delivering a memorable stay with exceptional service so the team will be delighted with your comments. I will also pass on your comments to everyone, and may I say, as Bill's granddaughter,it was a pleasure to have you as our guests.

We do offer some fantastic offers and packages so please be sure to contact us directly to find out about these on your next stay.

Warmest Wishes

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here this weekend for a hen party, wow where do i begin the rooms that we stayed in the signiture rooms were amazing. The staff so helpful and friendly they would do anything to help you.

We arrived early and staff allowed for us to put bags in a storage and collect later. They would always speak to you and help with anything. Cleaner came to the room everyday and done an anazing job. We had a package organised and the hotel helped with it all. Afternoon tea was delightful with cakes and tea.

Loved my stay and need to find an excuse to come back

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with friends

Dear AnneMarie90

Thank you for your wonderful review.

It is always a pleasure to read reviews like yours. It shows we are achieving our aim to ensure all of our guests are having a memorable time with exceptional service.

The team here are the forefront of the hotel and they are a credit to the company. We aim to assist all of our guests in any way we can.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

amazing food service and atmosphere from start to finish. room was amazing and nothing was too much trouble. Eric was on hand to help us with our luggage and bring us up some ice buckets for drinks etc thank you

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family

Dear sophie l

Thank you for your 5* review.

We pride ourselves on the service and accommodation we provide here as part of the Signature Living Group. Our aim is to ensure all of our guests have a relaxed and memorable experience with us. We are very different with the hotel here as it is based on the great man himself and we have lots of memorabilia available to be seen by not only guests who are staying with us but for anyone wishing to come in just to view the items.

Eric was delighted to read his name in your review, he is a credit to our company.

I do hope to welcome you back again in the near future.