All reviewssplit levelboutique hotelalbert dockhuge roombooked this hotelcentral locationbars and restaurantsbeautiful buildinglovely hotelnight lifecomfy bedbrilliant locationlovely roomstayed for one nightcar parkvisiting liverpooltea and coffee
Reviewed 13 March 2016

The rooms are massive and lovely. They have a fair amount scuffs and bad paint work which I think needs seeing to but it didn't put me off.
The first night we stayed when pretty much went out as soon as we got in so we didn't use the wifi but the second night was a chilled one and we tried to watch a film on my iPad and the wifi didn't work so they moved us to an even bigger room and the wifi worked.
It does lack a bar but there is plenty of places to go around there.
The location is ideal
I would stay there again in a heartbeat.
Excellent value for money

Stayed: February 2016
Amelia C, Manager at 62 Castle Street, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2016

Dear 'Krim S'

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Its great to hear your were able to take advantage of the many lovely restaurants and bars surrounding our hotel. And were able to enjoy our large rooms. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

Literally around the corner from James Street station. The lobby was beautiful, the staff throughout the stay were super friendly and helpful. The room was huge and very well designed! The bathroom was beautiful and bed was comfortable. The only negative points were that the floorboards in the hallway and room were very very loose and noisy when stepped and the lift was really slow. The overall appearance of the hotel could have improved with a better paint job in the hallway, the finish was really bad but still, it was an amazing stay and will definitely stay again :)

Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends

Dear 'Jorna B'

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Its lovely to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you were able to appreciate our large comfortable rooms. Our staff will appreciate hearing your comments about your stay and how you enjoyed it.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a few nights the staff were excellent and helpful. Lovely rooms very spacey. Brilliant location, walking distance to the docs, restaurants and night life. Only thing I could say was the shower was very low and it didn't move, my other half is 6ft4 and did not fit.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear 'jordanbd1991'

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Our staff will be pleased to hear your comments on their service during your stay. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of our central location and all the city has to offer around us.
We hope you are able to join us for a break again soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2016 via mobile

Myself and my partner stayed here last Saturday night as we were having a late night out in town, we paid quite a high-price for room only but had looked round and it seemed to be around the going rate so it was fair.
The hotel itself has lots of character, we booked an executive room which was like a suite with a seating area, TV, table and dressing table. The decor is good quality furniture and beds, very large bathroom with bath and very good shower. All nice and clean. Nice thick white towels to use.
The reception staff were friendly and helpful on arriving and checking out.
The only reason I haven't given given 5 stars is there is no bar or restaurant to offer breakfast although you can have drinks ordered from your room.
I also thought the toiletries provided werent adequate. Only a very small shampoo, shower gel and body lotion. Ladies, take your own shampoo and conditioner if you stay here. Didn't see ahairdryer either, although I took my own.
I did expect more from this type of hotel
Overall, a very pleasant stay and would stay again due to its ideal location.
I'd recommend calling the hotel directly to book and they gave us a cheaper rate than the price we found on trivago.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear 'francesl1'

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, we are always happy to provide more amenities in the room if required and the reception staff will be happy to hear your comments on their service during your stay.
We hope to welcome you to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel as a surprise for my boyfriend and bought some balloons and banners the day before and the lady on the desk didn't quite catch her name put them in the room for me which was lovely.. room was really nice as we had the executive suite it was massive ! Bed was so comfy I would definitely stay again.

Stayed: March 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear 'Zoey R'

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We're so glad to hear you and your boyfriend enjoyed the surprise stay you planned, and that our receptionist was able to help you add those little extras we know how that can make a huge difference.
We hope to welcome you to the hotel again soon.