4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.comUS$163
Official HotelUS$203
eDreamsUS$181
2,682 results
All reviews days inn james street station great location train station good size cavern club great shower short stay night stay twin room family room reception staff stayed for one night hairdryer corridor mersey heating
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

the worst hotel I stayed. I don’t know why this place gets to stay in business, I mean the location is good, and that’s about it. Checked in, found out phone doesn’t work, told the receptionist, her word was: I will let the maintenance team know. Didn’t mention what if I need room service or anything. Found there is no hand towels, informed staff, the answer was: we don’t provide it. There is a really rusty box (see picture) next to the sink which is empty, maybe that’s for tissues? The whole room reeks of moulds, on top of that, the air ventilation in the bathroom doesn’t work. At this point, I am even bothered to tell them about it. After all, I just stay one night. Hotel is all about service, and I know hotel in England is general worse than other countries, however, this hotel dare to offer this kind of service and charge this much. Rather amazing. So there goes my first bad review on tripadviser

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Recently stayed here, along with some friends of ours. We both paid for our rooms, for 2 nights, on arrival. At the time we paid, we were not told that there was no hot water. We soon learned this after paying, from talking to other guest in reception. We were assured it would be working by the morning. It wasn't, so had to have cold showers. We were then told it would be fixed that day. The next morning came, and though it had apparently been fixed, the shower was still cold, as the water hadn't heated up in time. Whilst I appreciate these things happen, I was particularly disappointed that the staff had neglected to let us know the situation, before taking our money.

We complained to the manager, who took our numbers and said he would call us back. He phoned the next day when we had returned home, and said he would refund us both 50% (one of the two nights). I thought this was fair and so accepted his offer. That was over a week ago, and he hasn't refunded either of us. I have phone every day since. Every time his mobile either goes to voicemail or he answers but doesn't speak. On one occasion he answered, and said he was in a meeting and would call back in half hour, but didn't.

Basically he's taken a disgruntled customer, and turned them into an angry one, with his dishonest unprofessional behaviour.

If it wasn't for the lack of hot water, and subsequent broken promise and evasion of the manager, I would have rated this hotel as average. The rooms are basic and dated, and the furniture was peeling. It's cheap and you get what you pay for, but so long as you know that, and don't expect too much for the money, it's fair. It's also well located, near the shops, docklands and a station.

In summary, an average hotel, let down by it's manager.

Date of stay: August 2021
Ronald George, General Manager at Heeton Concept Hotel City Centre Liverpool, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay.
Please accept our sincere apology for the inconvenience caused.
I can assure you, if the refund was agreed, I am sure this would have been processed.
Kindly request you to send a note to gm.liverpool@heetonconcepthotels.com to discuss this further and to locate the refund.
Thank you once again for reaching out.
Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The hotel is average. Ok to rest your head after a drunken hotel. Nothing amazing but it’s ok.
The bed was not comfortable at all. Was very hard to sleep on.
Room was clean and staff were nice enough.

You also get 30% off parking at Q park which helped loads.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We vistited as a family and arrived aprox 15.40. We were behind schedule slightly as we were meeting friends who live in Liverpool at 16.30 so the idea was for my son and I to check in and quickly grab a shower while my husband parked the car.

The shower was not working so I rang down to reception twice with no response, I had to go back down to Reception where 4 female members of staff were standing behind the desk (one of which a dark haired lady was very abrupt) so why nobody could answer the phone I don't know.
I explained our situation and explained that if it wasn't fixed promptly we would need to change rooms as we had a reservation to attend.
My husband arrived and was disgusted with how poor the room was, I explained about the shower. It was 16.10 before a maintenence man arrived and attempted to fix the issue which to this day probably isn't fixed. Because of this only my husband mangaged to get showered and to be honest trying to get ready with a maintenance man there was abit of a knightmare, but needs must I suppose.

Why we couldn't have been given a different room when I brought up the problem, I don't know. It would have saved us room discovering the multitude of things wrong with the room we had.

▪️Marks all over the carpet
▪️Huge raised bumps in the carpet
▪️Split chair seats
▪️Dust all over bed side tables
▪️Beds not dressed properly
▪️Nail clippers from last occupant on the floor
▪️No tissues in bathroom
▪️Dirty windows
▪️Dirty teaspoons
▪️Dusty headboard
▪️Rotten bathroom door
▪️Dirty lamp
▪️Matresses of such poor quality but when my husband sat on the bed he could feel the base of the bed.

On top of this there was no working air con or windows that opened.
Because it was late notice and my son who is only 8 was with us we had no option but to stay the night but we were up and checked out by 8.15am.
We told a gentleman named Jonathan about our stay and he said he would look into our complaint, the girl who was on the desk with him could recall me going down the previous day to ask for a change of room.
I was told I would be called back later that day, I wasn't. It took until aprox 18 30 the next day for Jonathan to call me back and he agreed that the room we were given was in a very poor condition. The conversation went relatively well as both discussed being from the North East ect.
He asked me if I would give the hotel a second chance and go back at a discounted rate as a resolution to my complaint.
I told him that only a refund would suffice and he told me he would speak to his general manager and let me know the following day.
That was 2 weeks ago and I have still yet to hear from anyone, I have contacted booking.com to encourage a response. This has left me massively disappointed, I didn't pay a great deal for the room but to be honest that isn't the point. You still expect a fully functioning, clean room.
Also I was advised that some of the rooms had been renovated, it's just a shame that the experience we had was of a room that had been totally forgotten.

Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for bringing your concerns from your recent stay to our attention.
Please accept our sincere apology for the experiences, especially with regards to the shower and shortfall in some of the standards..
I will certainly investigate this from my end.
Kindly can I request you to drop a line to gm.liverpool@heetonconcepthotels.com to discuss and mutually resolve this.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 14 August 2021

My friend and I checked in, really excited to have a city break, and literally stayed for an hour.
We had booked for three nights (August 10th-13th ).
However, we discovered that our room and all rooms, don’t have windows that open. Only air con. We instantly felt anxious in the room, and the thought of not having fresh air at night for three days worried me. Not exactly what we travelled 4 hours for.
We had barely been in the room for ten minutes before deciding to speak with reception and to double check there weren’t any window opening rooms.

Ultimately, we spent £160 on a room we did not use or sleep in, and as we are both unemployed students this is a lot of money for us. The hotel could have easily cleaned the room and let it out for the final two nights, giving us even a partial refund. But we received a solid “no!”

We received a rude response from Teresa on reception that was quite confrontational, even though I spoke to her calmly. She didn’t even know that we had just checked in and accused us of sensationalising our anxieties.
We are both anxious about Covid like many, and it is a fact that fresh air is essential for safety. Air-con is not the same, please stop saying it is. If a guest doesn’t feel safe, you should listen and act fairly.

It was clear from their tone that the only way to get a refund was to have a full-blown argument in the reception entrance! Teresa was dismissive and told me that it is not their problem and raised her voice. Not nice or professional. I don’t like confrontation or raising my voice so was not prepared to do this. It made me even more anxious trying to ask for a partial refund.
Was not a nice start to our long-awaited trip which we had saved up for.

Just to point out, the website and booking.com don’t state that the windows don’t open, only that there is air-con. A lot of city hotels are like this, I understand, but it should be stated for people. Particularly in a pandemic and if like me, you are claustaphobic. Taught me to check with the hotel before booking, but this is definitely a fault of the hotels for not being honest and making it clear for their guests when booking.

I’m sure the hotel cares little, as the manager has not responded to our email, but I had hoped that fairness and humility would prevail.

To be honest, based on how Teresa made me feel I would like a refund!

- Please respond and please partially refund us. It is a fair request. We didn’t sleep in your hotel. I wish we had a more positive review to share!

Thanks.

Dear Rebecca,

Thank you for your comments and reaching out on this platform.

Please may I request you to reply to my email, (gm.liverpool@heetonconcepthotels.com) so that your concerns can be resolved mutually.

Thank you once again for sharing your feedback.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,