“Same as everyone else”

Morgan's Spa
Ranked #31 of 37 Spas & Wellness in Liverpool
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: As well as private treatment rooms, sauna and a bar, Morgan’s Spa also features a ‘spa pool’ which is an incredible 40 sq ft hydrotherapy pool ideal for relaxing and washing your troubles away. If you’re in need of some relaxation and TLC then Morgan’s Spa is the perfect escape for you.COMING SOON TO MORGAN'S SPA - Elemis BIOTEC SKIN ENERGISING The BIOTEC system is scientifically proven to increa
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a voucher since December and can’t get a booking. They don’t answer the phone or the contact us form or return calls following voice mails. They have a 6 month expiry date on the voucher but you can’t book........

1  Thank yabbadee

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had booked the stay at 30 James Street Home of the titanic September 2017 we had already stayed once before for my birthday back in May 2017. Everything about the hotel is just perfect and Morgan’s spa is for, small but perfect. The hydrotherapy poll was lovely and warm and then lights in the pool gave it that special effect the seating area in front of pool is very comfy there is lemon water available as well as a bar. We didn’t get any treatments but this will be a must next time we stay. Overall nothing to fault slippers and robes are provided will definitely be returning again & again, hopefully we will be seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have searched 30 James Street website for a compalints procedure....none to be found!!
I compelted the section 'contact us' only for it not to send?
I have also emailed the contact found on the reply to many of the reviews on trip advisor, guess what, it would not send?
It sure is difficult to file a complaint!!!
So here you go!!

Following a recent visit to Morgans spa I would like to make the following points and hopefully save people like me from wasting their hard earned money!

The pool is absolutly filthy and freezing cold. Couldn't....wouldn't use it! I have photographs of this clearly showing the filth floating around which the spot lights fitted in the pool highlight.

The chest I was allocated as a locker had dissapeared when I returned to get changed so I had to try other chests to locate it. I found it on the other side of the room high on a shelf, which I struggled getting my belongings from so had to lift the whole chest down to access, not ideal considering I have neck and back problems. I them found the key actullay opened another persons chest giving me access to thier belongings!!??

I requested by way of completing a questionaire on arrival, also verbally discussed to have a firm massage to untie knots. I got the oppisite of this, a very frustrating tickle. After the therapist asked me if the pressure was ok and replying that it wasn't it remained the same? I also left with no moisturiser on my face after my facial?

There was no water in the bucket in the sauna.

Someone was smoking in the changing cubical next to me which is totally unacceptable especailly in a spa!!!

There wasn't a stool / hairdryer in the one small dressing room/locker room so had to stand up to do my hair and makeup?

The list goes on and on...... but I am wasting no more time.

I raised these issues with the girl on reception who gave me a questionaire to fill out on how I rated the spa. She didn't have much to say and offered me nothing more than 'I should have put you with an experienced girl, the one you had is new' I replied that I had requested a firm massage so why put me with a new, inexperienced girl low in confidence in the first place? What was the point of the request form?

After looking forward to a hotel experience in our own wonderful city of Liverpool, steeped in history I felt totally let down and disappointed. This was a gift from my sons for my 50th birthday. How disappointing and what a waste of their hard earned cash!

Before writing this review I wanted to give Morgans spa the chance to explain. It has now been a month and I have not had so much as an email back from them.

BE WARNED......DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!! There are so many other lovely spas to choose from in our wonderful city who appreciate you are spending your hard earned cash and deliver a decent service you would expect. How you can take money from your own for such a shoody service I will never no!!!!

2  Thank 520Lesley123
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A friend and I bought a Living Social Voucher for a spa session at Morgan's Spa. Our first problem was trying to get through to actually book our session. Despite leaving numerous messages on the answer machine no one ever called back. Reading other reviews this seems to be an ongoing problem. After about two weeks of trying back in January I eventually managed to get through and booked our session. A few days before we were due to go we tried to make contact again to check what we needed to bring, only to encounter the same problem. This time we even tried email-still no response. On arrival today we mentioned this problem which was greeted with an 'Oh Sorry' but no explanation.
The changing facilities were fairly minimal and we were given a padlock and key for a shared small box trunk. Probably very atmospheric given the Titanic theme of the hotel but hardly adequate for storing clothes coats and bags for two people. So like everyone else we fitted what we could into the trunk and had to leave the rest lying around on the shelves. The lounge area wasn't particularly relaxing and it was very dimly lit and too dark to read or even to fill in the health check forms. Again very atmospheric but not terribly user friendly. We used the spa pool which was basically just a large warm bath without Jacuzzi, situated in the lounge area and the sauna which was fine and then waited for our treatments which we had booked for the same time, 12.30 pm. My friend was taken into her treatment room and I continued to wait. After around 20 mins I went to the reception desk to be told in a fairly lackadaisical way that I would be having my treatment after my friend's as one of the therapists had phoned in sick. Now whilst I appreciate that things like this do happen, it was only when I asked that I was told what the situation was. No apology, no explanation as to why we weren't given this information earlier. Having spent many years as a training officer running customer care courses all I can say is that this did not even reach any kind of basic standard of customer service. Had we been advised about the situation with something like 'We're really sorry but we are having some problems today because of staff sickness and I'm afraid we have had to rearrange your appointment' we would have been more than understanding but such poor customer service at this very basic level of communication is simply not acceptable.
Having said all of that, Jessica, the therapist was very good and the treatment was absolutely fine. But until Morgan's manages to sort out how its staff deals and communicates with customers I would advise any one thinking of booking here to give the place a very wide berth. We certainly won't be returning.

3  Thank alisons445
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Booked for a Christmas present for my best bud. When booking they fail to tell you to turn up 15mins before your treatment slot, I only found this out a few days before via a confirmation email, so watch out for this when planning your journey, we where late for our treatments because of this.

Booked through groupon and the number provided for contact on the groupon doesn't work,or the phone is answered infrequently. This made it really difficult to book, I googled the hotel, there was a different number to use,so I tried this and got through straight away. This needs to be fixed unless it has been done on purpose.

Hotel staff really pleasant,gave us directions as its in the basement, spa receptionist was really rude to us. Yes we did turn up late due to the journey planning, this was as a consequence of having to turn up 15mins early which we hadn't accounted for in our planning. However we had called them 48hrs before hand to tell them, and on route as well so they were aware. Fair enough be rude if we hadnt been given notice, but otherwise the rudeness was not necessary.

As a consequence we where rushed into our treatments, the girls providing the treatments were lovely and the treatments were excellent. The pool is literally in reception and small, I assume there was something wrong with the jets or some thing as there where a lot of people looking at the pool, clearly not there for the treatments this along with a number of work men, and non so a staff walking through took away from your tranquil spa feeling.

The sauna is ok, ice shower ok, dressing rooms very large which is great. The showers do have a shower curtain but I'm pretty sure people can see through them when being shown around, I could certainly see them!

Provided robes didn't have a belt on them, but where comfortable, slippers comfortable. The chests for storage were very cute ana a nice touch although they only gave us one between the two of us and we struggled to store everything in them. The keys are just padlock keys with no keyring on them so if you are clumsy be careful you may lose it.

The overall decor of the place was lovely. Would only go back with another deal, would not pay full price for this spa.