“Just the job”

Hope & Anchor
Ranked #436 of 1,247 Restaurants in Leicester
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Set just of the A6 the Hope and Anchor is a beautiful traditional family friendly restaurant, with original oak beams stunning fire places, and a lovely stable that has been converted into a classic dining area. Its set aside the river soar Canal. . It has its own outside children's play area which is safe and secure with outside dining available. Great food offers daily with traditional ales served. Perfect for everyone.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Great serivce - very quick and hot meal very affordable- clearly if you want the Ritz your in the wrong place but is a by the river pub - just the job - Well done to Billy for getting us sorted very quickly.

HopeandAnchor S, General Manager at Hope & Anchor, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Perry,

Thanks for such a great reveiw I will pass on your great comments to the rest of the team. I am pleased you had a very quick hot meal and billy looked after you. Can’t wait to see you again soon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Lately Ive been hearing a lot of good news about this place from my friends, so decided to come down here and see what it was like. I read the reviews on here first though, and evrything looked alright.

I was served by Billy on bar, who was very friendly and rather fast at serving which I like to see. I mentioned about the scampi, and he told me that there was some sort of deal of the day on and suggested I go for the larger one, which ended up only being £6, so that was a bonus. He gave me my drinks' and a card with his name on for this review along with my receet. Didn't take long for food to come out, and was delicious when it did.

HopeandAnchor S, General Manager at Hope & Anchor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hi killian

Thanks for such a great reveiw I am pleased you really enjoyed the scampi and that billy looked after you really well. I will be sure to pass on our kind words and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Had a great welcome at the bar from Charlotte. She sorted the special order out for our fussy son. Will be back. Horse racing night Friday 13th if anyone’s interested just read it on the what’s happening sheet

Hey Steve! I’m pleased charlotte looked after your son and arranged something for him to eat that he would enjoy. Thank you for leaving us a great reveiw. Please come and get your bets on for the race night in advance it should be a great night on the 13th as all proceeds go to charity.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

nice food and great service especially from charlotte who served us. recommend to anyone local. great menu to select from also

Hi curtis

Amazing reveiw thank you so much. I will pass on your comments to charlotte who will be so pleased will your review. I am pleased you had nice food and great service. Look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Came for a bank holiday drink with the girls and my oh my was it quiet for the day it was. Normally would have been put off by this but this meant we were served faster.

We did think about ordering food but we only wanted to drink as we were heading out into town later on. We were served by Billy on bar, who had a really nice smile and was really helpful in helping us to decide on what wines to have. Would love to come back here again and try the food

Hi Dannie

Thanks for taking the time to leave us such fantastic comments I am pleased we looked after you quickly and efficiently over the bank holiday.
I will pass on your comments to billy and the rest of the team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.