1,067 results
All reviewscity centrecar parkbusy roundaboutleisure facilitiesexecutive roomswimming pooltwo double bedsgood sizesteam roomhotel guestshigh streethealth clubreception staffroom was largea bit tiredchecking inwould stay again
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

A hotel with uncomfortable beds is like a restaurant with raw inedible food. Not returning. The location suited us and we have stayed in this chain a few many times, but this particular branch is gagging for some essential new furniture!!

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Saif-HW
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2018

Hello Saif-HW,

I acknowledge your feedback and thank you for staying with us. We endeavor to make sure our guests are satisfied with everything we provide. I'm sorry to have fallen short of your expectations with the softness of our beds. I understand how you may have felt sleeping on these. This is certainly not at par to the standards we have set. I'm sorry that your stay stay with us turned this way.

I have sent you an email to further talk on the issues at hand. We hope that you will give us another chance to show you the Holiday Inn Brand you know and love. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay with us.

Best regards,

Frank A.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Booking was fine and done on the hotel website. The reception staff were friendly and welcoming and the checking in process was quick and easy. The room was fine - you know what to expect with a Holiday Inn. The rest of the staff in the bar and dining room were also very chatty and friendly. The location is great - the hotel is at the bottom end of the High Street and so the shops are 2 minutes walk. The only 2 issues I had - the noise from the building work was a nuisance- it was only during office hours but all the same there was a lot of drilling and hammering!! The second issue was that the hot food at breakfast was not hot. It was warm. I did not eat it. I would stay here again but after the building is finished- due the start of May.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Hi Ian1234Uk,

Thank you for your candid review and for staying with us. We strive to provide the best possible experience and it is great to read from our guests on how we are doing. I am absolutely delighted to learn you found our hotel to be in a great location and appreciate your kind words about our staff.

I am sorry to hear your stay was greatly impacted by the noise from the building work and I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Your feedback about the breakfast items will be shared with our Kitchen management team to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

Again, thank you for your feedback. We look forward to your next visit.

Connie D

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Check in and check out very smooth. Room very large and spacious.
Service was good.
Was on the 8th floor, so had some good views over the city.
Breakfast very good.

The hotel is very close walking distance to the cathedral and Richard III visitor centre, and 15 mins or so walk to the train station

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

This is a good hotel. The rooms are a little tired, but very spacious and the beds are superb. Access from the car park is good and staff are very helpful. Check in was seamless. The only thing that prevented a 5 rating was simply thr corridors etc look a bit tired here and there, but that shouldn't prevent you staying. I'd very happily come again if I'm in the area.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
Reviewed 20 March 2018

I have always been a big fan of the Holiday Inn in Leicester which I have always found to be a great venue for a short stay or just for a meal.
I attended a meeting there today and I was excited to hear that the restaurant had just been renovated.
I cannot believe how disappointed I was. The new look restaurant looks more like a burger joint than a restaurant in a quality hotel. The food was equally disappointing. The salad bar gave very little choice to vegetarians. The hot buffet consisted of cheap tasting mass produced fishcakes. Over cooked pork chops in a luke warm sauce, bland chicken or pasta in tomato sauce.
My friend asked if there was any halal food and despite the local Muslim population was told there was no demand for it.
It is such a great location but given the choice I would rather eat at one of the many restaurants in the local Highcross shopping centre. A great disappointment and one to be avoided in the future.
I will be recommending different venues for meetings in the future.

Room Tip: Try one of the other hotels within the city centre which is not situated in the middle of a roundabout
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
3  Thank Simon M
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Leicester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi Simon M,

Thank you for your confidence in Holiday Inn! We were lucky enough to host you at this location. I understand that you are accustomed to our usual high standards and I'm sorry that you were dissatisfied with the restaurant service. We welcome your feedback because we know it will help our hotel and staff to be better. It's good to know that the hotel's location worked well for your trip. We hope that we can turn things around should you reconsider choosing us again!

Many thanks,