2,064 results
All reviews blue smoke leisure club lake view leisure facilities busy road building work hot tub main restaurant lake district lovely hotel steam room wedding venue lots of choice high standard from start to finish two night stay evening meal
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My sisters & I visited Low wood Spa for a 50th celebration, we began the day with cake & coffee by the fire before taking advantage of the pool & spa and then a delicious dinner in the Smokehouse, where a birthday card & balloon (provided by the hotel) awaited us.
Unfortunately my costume got damaged in the spinner however I was advised someone would be in touch if I left my contact details, I wasn't expecting such an excellent response, but 3 weeks and a few emails later, the cost of a replacement costume has been transferred to my bank account.
I couldn't commend the customer care & service highly enough.
Thanks Andy

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank elifonth1
AlarAllik, Guest Relations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Dear elifonth1, Thank you for your review regarding your celebration visit to our resort. I am delighted to hear that you had such a wonderful time, and that the team took good care of you. I am aware that your swimming costume got damaged. Once again, our apologies for that, I am however glad that this got sorted for you with no difficulties. I will make sure to pass on your lovely compliments to the team.

We are looking forward to welcoming you to our resort again.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

My wife and me are currently staying in the Low Wood Hotel in a beautiful room overlooking the Lake. The room is lovely with all the usual amenities and a nice comfy bed. The food is nice in the Blue Smoke restaurant but overall the food is not to the standard I expected. We recently stayed at its sister hotel, the Waterhead and I personally prefer the Waterheads food. Overall though the hotel is really nice but could be a 5 star rating if the food was just that bit nicer.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Blueboy5197, Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit to our hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your room with the lake views. I am sorry to hear that the food wasn't quite to your taste, we do try to offer a wide range of options and cater for everyone. However it is always nice to hear positive comments about our sister hotels as we are one big team. I will make sure to pass your comments on to our catering departments.
Once again, thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

On booking directly stressed that it was my husband'50th birthday and wanted to make it a special treat on arrival we checked in and where given room 404. The room had ground level view of food delivery people walking past and cars parked. We tried to stress ho unhappy we were as this was a special occasion. We were told nothing could be done for either of our nights. Had to stay with curtains shut just to get a bit of privacy with 2 children. Totally awful experience and have never stayed in a room like this. A total waste of a trip costing just under £500.00 for a room with a street view at the back of hotel and delivery vans and bins.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
AlarAllik, Guest Relations Manager at Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to respond with this review. I am extremely sorry that you felt aggrieved by your recent stay. Unfortunately when you booked a week prior to Easter we were almost full for the Easter weekend, this was explained to you at the point of reservation.

On booking we did inform you that we only had available the room that you were allocated, we also explained this was in the Courtyard area of the hotel. You had requested an Oak Suite but these rooms were as discussed fully booked in advance

We were unfortunately unable to help allocate you another room when you arrived at the hotel due to the fact the hotel was fully booked, as discussed during your reservation, therefore the only room we had for you was the room type you were booked and described.

The street that you have explained is in fact the private drive to the overflow car park within the resort,I do accept people use this road and we have recognised this, as a result we will ensure that we fit suitable viol curtains to avoid further concerns of this nature. Once again I am sorry that your expectations were not in keeping with our availability. Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Stunning spine tingling views surround this 4 star spa resort. Watersports too. Miles of unspoilt beauty. Ambience at this place recharged my body, mind and soul. Staffed with excellence. Slickly run.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo

Dear Wendy J, Thank you for your review regarding your visit to the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa. I am glad to hear that you had a relaxing stay. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to our team. I hope we will be able to welcome you to our resort again in the future.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

This hotel has spectacular views over Lake Windermere framed by the fells behind. The hotel has been beautifully renovated to maintain the charm and comfort of the era of Beatrix Potter while adding the luxury of a relaxing spa and a very well equipped modern gym. The indoor pool looked very inviting though we didn’t have time to use it unfortunately.
There is a large security car park behind the hotel though it can be a life and death struggle getting back onto the road due to an endless stream of traffic - and that was in March, the summer months must be impossible. The traffic was our only complaint - the difficulty getting onto the road to head north AND the noise of the traffic at night. We were upgraded from our Lime tree suite but the rooms didn’t have double glazing that excluded noise.
The staff were very professional and helpful though it was interesting (and irrelevant) how many of them were from Eastern Europe - unexpected that far from major cities.
We only ate bar food in the lounge, room service and breakfast so can’t comment on the two restaurants though the menus were varied and the less formal restaurant was reasonably priced. The food we did have was excellent and bar prices for drinks were very reasonable.
We thoroughly enjoyed our one night stay other than the road noise at night - I suppose it was a fair compromise for the wonderful view but would become annoying on a longer stay. We highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Breena2101, Thank you for your rewarding review regarding your stay at the Low Wood Bay Resort & Spa, and thank you for your kind comments on out renovations. Refurbishing a large resort can be challenging and your words are very encouraging.

The road passing our resort is indeed a busy one and it can take some time to join, this due to busy holiday times and popularity of the Lake District. I am sorry to hear that you experienced some noise in your room, some of the windows are single glazed which helps us to keep up with the lovely history of the building.

Thank you for complimenting our staff and menu options. I will make sure to pass on the comments to the teams who will surely appreciate it.

I hope we will have the honour to welcome you to our resort again in the future. Once again, thank you for your review.