Wheatlands Lodge(Windermere)
US$101
US$98
Priceline
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$135/night.

US$98
Rosemount(Windermere)
US$114
Travelocity
The Hideaway At Windermere(Windermere)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsvision hotelguide dogdog towelsthis hotel catersfree runswimming poolthe cottagesdog loversdog friendly hoteltrouser presswet roombuffet stylethe main hoteldrawing roomevening meallovely hotelroom was large
Reviewed 3 April 2018

Excellent location and a beautiful building and grounds. Specail trips for VIPS and staff are very helpful and friendly. The food is not as good as it was since hotel bought by a chain and there is a total lack of use of local suppliers which is a great disappoinmnet when you know what wonderful food Cumbria can offer.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andrew W, General Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for your review and I am pleased that overall you had a good time and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future. We have actually not changed any food suppliers from what we had previously, although there are a couple we no longer use. The style of food and the offerring are indeed the same as previously although we are also working on new menus which will be implemented soon.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Easter 2018, 2 Night Stay, Room 20.

Positives- the hotel is centrally located, walkable to the village, looks nice from the outside and breakfast was good. Parking and reasonable priced.

Negatives- myself and my partner both have allergies and a not dog people. This is a Dog friendly hotel, the smell of dog is everywhere and the stairs and communal areas have dog hair all over. Dogs had obviously been in the room we had been provided and are allowed in the dining area.
Dinner- we unfortunately booked dinner for the first night while we got our bearings, the serving staff were rude, throwing plates on the table and the coffee was not drinkable. In addition, when ordering a bottle of wine for the table- I was told I had to order at the bar-not a problem. However upon walking round to the bar, the very same waiter appeared behind the bar, asked what wine I wanted (choice of three poor red wines), then walked with me back to the table to slam the bottle on the table and walk off without opening it. Described by my partner as a Fawlty Towers sketch. Additionally, food was plain awful. On the second night I asked for a hypoallergenic pillow for my pregnant partner, who was struggling with allergies- however they do not offer this service. In addition room was dirty, previous occupants human and dog hair on the floor and inside the bedding. Room wasn’t cleaned or hoovered between nights.

Overall, only stay at this hotel if you are a dog lover and eat at another venue (on
our second night we had an amazing dinner at the Beach Hill Hotel, location, staff, food, drinks were fantastic)

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Andrew W, General Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and I am shocked at what I have read.

Firstly, the only dogs allowed in the dining room are guide dogs for our blind and partially sighted guests. I would also like to assure you that all bedding is laundered by an outside contractor and therefore not in contact with dog hairs. All rooms are fully vacuumed and cleaned prior to arrivals and I can only apologise if there was an issue.
Ref the dinner, I am sorry there appeared to be a problem and only wish you had brought it to the attention of the duty manager who could have looked into all the issues you appear to have had and seen what could have been done.

I am pleased that you have told us about your experience so as we can discuss your stay with the team and clearly work on any areas that we need to improve, but I am disappointed that you did not inform us of any of these issues whilst on site so as we could have had the opportunity to see for ourselves and rectify any faults.

Reviewed 26 March 2018

We enjoyed our stay. There are some areas of the hotel that would disappoint a guest expecting 5star. Great for families, people with dogs, and those who use it because they are blind (there are many facilities for people who cannot see and the staff are good at looking out for their needs). Quiet pool, good temperature. Lovely gardens. Plenty of parking. Good value. Signage from the road not very easy to spot.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Andrew W, General Manager at Windermere Manor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Thank you for your kind review and yes we are aware that some areas require attention and as such, our new owners are working on this but I am pleased that overall you had a good stay and we look forward to welcoming you back

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Upon arrival, we were early to check in so the receptionist said she would ring when the room is ready. We went into Windermere for a walk round. But no phone call. 2 hours later we thought the rooms bound to be ready so we went back to check in. When entering our room there was a clear stain on the carpet, the full length mirror was broken and just placed behind the TV! The window was left wide open, so I went to shut it, but it was really stiff and jammed, took about 20 minutes just to shut it! The light, top of wardrobes and behind the bed were very dusty and in need of a good clean and the tiles in the bathroom were lose! The only positive was that the bed was really comfy.

When it came time to go to bed our neighbours were shouting down the phone and we could hear everything! By this time it was 11pm, so my boyfriend went down to reception and let them know, thankfully not long after a night portman came up and told them to keep it down, and the shouting did stop.

The next morning when we went down for breakfast, they served you tea, coffee, toast on arrival to your table. The food was okay, nothing special. After paying for the room, I didn’t expect it to be this bad. It was a birthday weekend away for my boyfriend, and I regret choosing this hotel.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments and I am sorry that things were not to your satisfaction, I did infact speak to yourselves on several occassions at the front desk and unfortunately none of this was mentioned. I remember the incident regarding the neighbours and we dealt with this immediately and apologised. Again I remember speaking with you at breakfast and asking if everything was ok and the answer I received was yes. I have taken on board your points and will deal with them, but it would have been best if you had said something at the time so as we could have rectified things for you. I can only apologise for any shortcomings.

Reviewed 23 March 2018

We stayed for three days, i will start with the positive. The food, second to none, excellent quality, choice and would return just for this. However its down hill from here. Outdated, needs a major overhaul. Our room had three bulbs out, the TV kept switching on its self and the noise from the room upstairs was very annoying. To add to this one afternoon we went for a nap and to read, but they were getting work done outside all day, made for a noisy afternoon, not restful. Things then got better, the bin men came about 05:00 hrs one morning, right outside our room, they were not that quiet. We went to the bar on the first night, they had no soft drinks, so I had water out the tap. A bar with no soft drinks?

We loved the area and the food, but would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple

thank you for your review and I am sorry that some aspects were not as they should have been. Firstly I am pleased you enjoyed the food and I have passed your comments to the chef., We have just been taken over and our new owners are already investing in upgrading including new TV's which are in the process of being installed and the unfortunate noise was a major clean of all the stone work and paths, which I apologise for but is part of the upgrade.
Regarding the "soft drinks" issue, there is currently a national problem with one of the major suppliers and this caused us an issue for a short time until we could source elsewhere.
I can assure you that everything you mentioned has been taken on board and rectified and I sincerely hope that you will reconsider and return to the hotel and see for yourself that we have taken steps to rectify these faults