“Lovely family meal!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

10 of us enjoyed a lovely evening at Hucks as part of our break. We were very well looked after by Jordan who couldn’t do enough to make sure we had an enjoyable evening - fabulous service!

We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals and the kids loved the buffet. All the food arrived promptly and every meal was great. Can’t understand other people’s poor reviews for the burgers - I personally found them to be fantastic and perfectly cooked. I’d certainly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Can't believe the standard of the burgers,as previously stated overcooked like rubber and the smallest pot of cheap coleslaw you can imagine,on a more positive note the starters were excellent. Feel sorry for the waiters who have to continually apologise for poor quality but they themselves deserve a good mention.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It has been a long 10 years since my last trip to Centre Parcs, I recall the food at Hucks then being rubbish, what has changed in those 10 years are the decor which is nice, the service which was excellent (really excellent), what has not changed is the rubbish quality of the food, for the money it is a disgrace.

We went there for dinner.

We had the onion ring stack to share, onion rings which were overcooked but acceptable, little did I know that this would be the highlight.

My wife had the ribs, a very big portion and to be fair the meat did fall off the bone, but these ribs had just been plain cooked in the oven and then some BBQ sauce thrown on them before serving, totally tasteless.

I had the Pulled Pork Burger, the Pulled Pork was dry, the burger itself was 95% Black Pepper and 5% meat, well at least that is what it tasted like, why oh why does anybody think it is good to put so much black pepper in the burger so that is all you can taste, I love black pepper but I would never just eat black pepper from a pepper grinder, and that is what it tasted like. Don't be fooled thinking the burger is fresh, it is bought frozen, they should buy it from another supplier, one who's pepper grinder is broken !

The coleslaw that the meals came with was some pre-bought rubber tasteless nonsense, disgusting.

One of my kids had the Hot Dog with Onions.... now does anybody believe that the onions should be raw and marinated in vinegar ? because it exactly what we got, disgusting, and the vinegar meant the whole hotdog tasted of that, just shocking.

My other kid took the Childs buffet, Chicken Nuggets, Fish Fingers, Hot Dogs, Pasta, Fries, in terms of quality it was poor, but its the food the kids like, so was fine, in fact I wished I had eaten from the children buffet.

We had the chocolate sundae for desert which we shared, this was pretty good, so at least we did get something we liked, but we were hungry from leaving lots of our main dishes due to the fact they were rubbish.

We will not be going back to Hucks.

3  Thank MikeyAndHisTravels
Reviewed March 12, 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately the food in here is extremely average the burgers are not homemade and overcooked they come with a coleslaw that is Smart Price Style (in a place specialising in American food why on earth would you not make coleslaw homemade) Southern Fried Chicken was very dry and had been cooked too long extremely disappointing avoid

Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

We always go to Hucks when at whinfell and it's our favourite restaurant on site. This was our first visit since the refurbishment in March 17 and the new decor is lovely. Nice and fresh and booths very spacious. Food was good and everyone happy with their meals. Will definitely go again.