Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$126
Hotels.comUS$126
eDreamsUS$126
Trip.comUS$126
Orbitz.comUS$126
TravelocityUS$126
1,450 results
All reviews signature room family room lovely hotel steam room restaurant staff reception area coffee machine dressing gowns fresh milk public areas swimming pool relaxing stay stayed here for one night leisure facilities open fire little touches changing rooms
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 November 2020 via mobile

We found this hotel lovely and clean on arriving there. The reception and bar areas are lovely.
The rooms aren’t quite so good, although our room was clean it was very dated and needs some money spending on it especially in the bathroom!! Terrible shower. We paid more for a bigger room and it was very small. I’d love to have seen their “cosy double!”
The bed was two singles put together so not a big double bed as advertised, you expect this abroad but not in the uk.
The reception we’re not great, they wouldn’t answer the phone when we tried to call down!

The pool was lovely and relaxing
Two people were allowed in the jacuzzi which is right but I was very annoyed when the swim teacher joined us too! Breaking the social distancing rules and to make it worse she was constantly on her phone which in a pool environment should not be allowed, especially where children are.
As a swim teacher she should know better, a huge safeguarding issue. We were going to complain at the time but there was too many people around and I didn’t want to make a fuss.

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank carlacutolo
Mike Vincent, General Manager at North Lakes Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2020

Dear Carla

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback about your stay.
I am very sorry to hear the swim teacher joined you in the jacuzzi which did not adhere to our social distancing procedures we have in place. I have personally spoken to the lady and informed her again of our procedures and the importance of following these.
We do have a number of traditional style rooms as well as other modern rooms and all vary in style, size and décor.
Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future as it sounds like you did enjoy the pool and style of the hotel
Kind regards
Becky Langley

Reviewed 4 November 2020

When a hotel tells you that they could not care less about a trip advisor review as they have far too many customers already - surely that tells you they are out of touch. As Occupational Health Specialists, we know all about COVID. We talk about it, lecture on it and deal with it on a daily basis. We arrived to our hotel expecting happy receptive staff, we got rudeness in abundance.

On arrival, we were informed that we had booked a room only. I explained that myself and my colleague were due to carry out medical work at 6am the next morning therefore we did not require breakfast. I asked at 8.30pm if the restaurant was still open and was astounded to be told that because we had booked room only, we were not afforded the luxury of eating in the hotel restaurant as this was for guests who booked breakfast. I was then asked if I wished to change my mind and book breakfast and I asked what the point would be as we would be paying in excess of £20 and not be there to eat it. Next I asked if we could please order room service. I was informed the hotel did not do room service during COVID. You take people at their word and to be fair do not expect to be blatantly lied to. How disappointing it was when we went to our room and the chap across the hall had received room service and four doors down the evidence was outside the door.

Next we enter our room. Not the twin room we asked for but two beds butted together. We were assured this was always the case but as I explained my photos from a previous stay clearly indicated that the beds had at least 1 metre apart. Another mistruth.

The room was freezing - the heating broken. So here we are having both worked a 12 hour shift and are now tired, hungry and cold and we are denied a suitable room, a hot room and a hot meal.

We contacted reception who refused to answer the phone. However, when I telephoned from my mobile, they answered immediately. A housekeeper who was equally as rude as the receptionist informed me that the heating was broken, the hotel was full and we had to put up with it. She offered us a small heater which was a joke and two hours later the room is still freezing.

They offered that one of us stayed in the cold room and they could accommodate the other in another room. (I thought you were fully booked!!). So how do we work that one out. Does the boss go to the hot room and leave their employee or does the employee go and then they both feel bad all night for the other. Not a single attempt was made to look at or sort heating. We were told that we had to put up with it.

Would I stay here again. Absolutely not. The service is beyond disgusting and if my employees spoke to a client in the way we were spoken to tonight, they would not have a job. The housekeeper clearly needs retrained on how to deal with hotel guests as she was aggressive, rude and had the utter cheek to tell me I had shouted. All I can say is that I am Scottish and trust me if I had been shouting she would have known about it. Our voices were calm and the same tone throughout. Sadly the same could not be said of hers.

Room tip: Look elsewhere if you wish a decent nights sleep.
Date of stay: November 2020
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
3  Thank RSavage123
Mike Vincent, General Manager at North Lakes Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2020

DISCLAIMER:
The review does contain information which is nonfactual and statements which did not happen. Our staff were subject to rude and aggressive behaviour.

Room service is offered from the restaurant 5.30pm - 8.30pm but must be pre-booked and is subject to availability. This is also the same for dinner reservations as we have limited tables now available to allow for social distancing and also for us to close the restaurant on time for 10pm. On this occasion the guest checked in at 8.30pm the restaurant was fully booked. This information emailed regarding dinning prior to arrival through booking.com and is also stated at the time of booking.

A member of our team did in fact attempt to fix the radiator but was met with rude and aggressive behaviour from the guest when trying to offer a solution. We do not tolerate or accept behaviour like this towards any of our staff members. Our team members are unfortunately not qualified plumbers and on occasions are unable to fix maintenance issues.

An alternative room was offered to the guest which was rudely declined and the guest was not willing to accept the solution on offer.

Apologies were offered regarding the radiator and an alternative portable one (which did work) was placed in the room.

Regards

Reviewed 3 November 2020 via mobile

This was second visit to this hotel having once stayed for New Year in 2004. It was as good as I remembered! Chloe on reception and Sharon in restaurant were just amazing and Ashleigh on the night we had dinner which was just gorgeous! I would advise anyone staying to book pool and restaurants up a week before they go as we didn’t know and couldn’t get into restaurant one night and I was so looking forward to taking my granddaughter into pool but could only get one slot on the Friday morning 7.30am and she loved it! Shout out to the spa staff as my daughter and I had lovely swim the Thursday evening and shared a bottle of Rose Prosecco which was just gorgeous. Was a real treat after awful weather in Bowness that day. Have booked again already for next year! Loved our stay! Felt so safe!

Trip type: Traveled with family
Mike Vincent, General Manager at North Lakes Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 December 2020

Dear Valenti,
Thank you ever so much for the 5 star review and lovely comments regarding our North Lakes team! They will be delighted to hear your wonderful feedback. I am delighted you enjoyed some relaxing time with your daughter and also enjoyed the FYR restaurant while you stayed.
We very much look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed 29 October 2020 via mobile

Went to North Lakes Hotel on a 2 day spa break for our 35th anniversary. Everything superb from the moment we arrived. The staff on reception made us feel very welcome. Our room was a signature room which was very comfortable, could have possibly done with a bit more storage. There was plenty tea and coffee and biscuits and fudge! The fresh milk was in a machine right outside our room, so much better than UHT!
We had our massages and facials which were included in the package, they were both excellent, the whole health club and spa was spotless.
We ate in the restaurant both nights and for breakfast, the food was superb and so were the waiting on staff, a very special mention to Nathan and Jack who were brilliant.
We enjoyed ourselves so much we will definitely be coming again, also one final thing with the whole Covid situation we felt very safe and well looked after. Thanks again.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank S9867WCmikeh
Mike Vincent, General Manager at North Lakes Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2020

Dear S9867WCmikeh

Thank you for your feedback and a wonderful 5 star review!. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. I am so please to know that you felt safe and secure through your stay with our Covid systems. Our fresh milk machines are a real hit with our guests.
I will pass over your lovely comments to the spa team and restaurant staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to North Lakes again soon.

Reviewed 25 October 2020

Overall the hotel , was of good standard. The Reception was very good and helpful.However the service in the Restaurant was appalling the staff seemed to have.no organisation at all.one was never sure when meal order would be taken and how long you would have to wait between courses.

Date of stay: October 2020
Mike Vincent, General Manager at North Lakes Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2020

Dear JohnB,

Thank you for taking the time to let us have your feedback about your stay. I am pleased to hear you had a lovely stay overall. I will share your comments with the restaurant team and we will use them to keep working hard on delivering consistently good experiences for all our guests. Our team are very dedicated in providing excellent service and it is very rare to hear the service was not up to standard so I aplogise you experienced this. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future.