“Bad food, Bad Golf, Bad Staff”

Carus Green Golf Club
Ranked #35 of 156 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Carus Green golf club is situated in the charming market town of Kendal, on the fringes of the Lake District. Widely regarded as offering some of the best golfing facilities in the North of England, Carus Green features a challenging 18-hole parkland golf course aside the River Kent, with recently remodelled USGA specification greens. The newly constructed Carus Golf Centre (opened in October 2016), houses an impressive Golf Superstore offering the very best golf brands such as Galvin Green, Under Armour, FootJoy, Callaway, Ping, Titleist, TaylorMade and Wolsey; and the Gary Wolstenholme Golf Academy, which features an 18 bay top specification driving range, two bespoke flightscope fitting rooms, an indoor putting lab, chipping and putting green, outdoor all weather short game practice area and state of the art GC2 golf simulator, featuring courses such as Blue Monster, Carnoustie and Kingsbarns. Carus Green breaks the ‘golf club mould’ in so many ways and is renowned for its friendly welcome to all visitors. Its award winning contemporary clubhouse houses a luxurious function suite and spacious bar/restaurant, with stunning views overlooking the picturesque 18th hole to the Lake District fells beyond. We have 5* accommodation available on site, ranging from self-catering to room only.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Cold, pre-cooked food. Limited choice of food and lack basic hygiene standards (twice I found hairs in my meal)

4  Thank NancieNoodles
CarusManagementTeam, Owner at Carus Green Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

To All TripAdvisor readers

It is your decision, as always, whether or not you choose to believe this review. As the Owner of Carus Green, I can can assure you that all the allegations in the review are lies and a complete fabrication. Graham Curtin, Proprietor

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Finding Carus Green was a real blessing!

From the moment I made contact, the service was exceptional. My initial enquiry was dealt with Hannah but then Lisa became my go to lady. Nothing was too much trouble for her and she always responded to my emails promptly.

The townhouse was exactly like the photos on the website. All rooms was extremely spacious and comfortable.
There was no additional charge for high chairs or travel cots. The website will answer any questions that you have about the property.

You also have free access to gym and pool, less than 10 mins drive from the golf club (free parking)

Real home from home but more luxurious. No one wanted to leave! What does that say..........

We booked the restaurant for Sunday lunch and brought my Aunt (who lives in Kendal) to celebrate her 80th. Chris was extremely courteous, helpful and welcoming, unfortunately I can’t say the same of Amy & the other waitress. They really didn’t seem like they wanted be at work and everything seemed a real effort for them. I had read this in previous reviews so I am surprised that this hasn’t been addressed.

The food was good value as there was a set price for a 2 or 3 course menu. There was a good variety of dishes including Sunday roast.

Carus Green will definitely be one our go back to places and we will highly recommend it to friends and family.

Thank You!!!!!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Attended a friends 50th birthday meal on Saturday night and can not recommend it highly enough. Despite another party taking place, the service was excellent, smooth and well organised. A young lady - Amy I think her name was seemed to be in charge, was very good, always smiling and nothing was too much trouble. Our meal could not be faulted. I had the steak pudding and could not eat it all, the steak fell to pieces and the pudding was packed with it. My husband had the peppercorn chicken, again excellent. Well done Carus Green, we will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

Had a brilliant meal here from the Sunday grill menu, excellent food and we all thoroughly enjoyed it. The only slight disappointment was the staff, none of them smiled and one was particularly disinterested in her job. Will return as the food outweighed our feelings about the staff.

Reviewed February 11, 2018 via mobile

I would highly recommend Carus Green - our room was excellent and spotless... ensuite magnificent. Restaurant food was slightly limited but again excellent... staff friendly and helpful... prices much cheaper than they are at home, so all round fantastic.... well done Carus Green.