“Great for families”

Waterside Cafe and Food Bistro
Ranked #21 of 161 Restaurants in Kendal
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are a family run vegetarian and vegan cafe offering delicious food at edible prices in a pleasant riverside setting just a few minutes walk from the town centre and just off the A6. We offer vegan, wheat and gluten free options freshly prepared on premises daily using the finest, largely organic and fair trade ingredients., All the food is sourced locally. Our eggs are sourced from free range "happy hens".
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My two year old is most welcome - probably more so than we are here! An absolute joy to visit, and such a great feeling to find somewhere who does vegan food and cake as my lad has a dairy allergy. I would visit this place even if he didn't to be fair. Play area for the kids, great cake and drinks. I had an awesome curry the other week.

I even got to fill up my Ecover washing up liquid on my last visit - perfect!

lanamay827, Owner at Waterside Cafe and Food Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Hi
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and you can find something suitable to you and your family:)
Hope to see you soon and all the bet
Magda &the team

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Visited for a late lunch today. We had the pear and goats cheese salad bowl and the quesadillas. Both dishes were absolutely delicious. There was a wonderful range of salads which offered something for everyone. There were also plenty of tempting cakes to finish off the visit. Definitely worth a visit with plenty of dishes to suit both meat eaters, vegans and veggies alike.

Hi Debbie
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, we are glad you enjoyed your visit and food and hope to see you again
All the best
Magda&the team

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Stopped here for a drink ended up having a quick snack as well. Hotchoc was great as were the teas and coffees the rest of the groop had. Lovely chocolate and date slice I had and thr fruit scone had by one of the others.

lanamay827, Owner at Waterside Cafe and Food Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Hello
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your visit. The chocolate and date slice is one of my favourite as well :)
Hope to see you soon
All the bets
Magda and the team

Reviewed 16 March 2018 via mobile

Lovely place for lunch with views across the river. Varied vegetarian menu with vegan and gluten free options easily identifiable. Sweet treats available too! Family friendly.

Hi Sonya
Thank you very much for your lovely feedback. We appreciate it and we are glad you enjoyed your visit
Hope to see you again
All the bets
Magda &the team

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I visited here with my friend last Saturday for breakfast ( 10/03/18)
We both opted for PANCAKES served with fresh fruits and maple syrup , so glad we did :-) It was so fluffy , filling and scrumptious!!!!
I wonder how it’s made ?!

One of the BEST breakfast I’ve ever had ! Great job everyone ! If you’re near by it is definitely worth a visit !

2  Thank Crazy G
lanamay827, Owner at Waterside Cafe and Food Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2018

Hi Crazy G
Thank you for your lovely feedback. I am glad you and your friend enjoyed the breakfast..the pancakes are the best! :)
All the best