“Called in for a beer”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We called in here for a bottle of wine and a beer on a hot summer afternoon. The gentleman who served us was very friendly, and carried our drinks outside for us. We weren't hungry, so we didn't sample the food, but other guests seemed to be enjoying theirs. It was very pleasant sitting outside watching the world go by for an hour or so.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The staff was friendly, professional and helpful. We were late for our table but this was not a problem. Locals on the patio offered us their table even though they had not finished their drinks. We felt very welcome.
The food was excellent, I can't think of anything that could have been better for us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Called in for a drink cute little place friendly stafffood looked nice drinks abit expensive only had one then left

Reviewed 10 July 2018

Stayed in a cottage just outside hawkshead for a week, so ate most nights in the village. Tried 3of the pubs for dinner.
Went a couple of times to Sun Inn for dinner as food so good! Would recommend coconut prawn & chicken curry,it was fab.
Staff all welcoming and helpful.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Finally made it to the Lake District & only by chance were we staying in Hawkshead. Well my friend, what a SURPRISE to find that this neck of the woods is an absolute shining star of all things culinary!!! (I gained 4lbs btw.) The Sun Inn was buzzing when we entered but the bar manager (so wish I had his name) was still the most friendliest & professional guy to everyone who entered. I had not expected the food to be so utterly fabulous that we came back twice & I sooooo want the Vegetarian Biryani & onion bhaji recipe (& I'm not even vegetarian!). The signage around the bar made me giggle; the waitress was all smiles; I was determined that I would work my way through that gin list (which of course I couldn't!); & the Friday night live music was excellent. What a joy and I wish we lived around the corner but we shall be returning. (Absolutely kicking myself that I didn't take photos of the food. I must have been so hungry & taken by the dishes that I forgot all about it!)

suninnHawkshead, Manager at Sun Inn Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hi
Thanks very much for your great review, i am sure you will finish the gin list off next time.
Many thanks