“Five down to four 😔”

Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British, Healthy
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

In my opinion sleepers on newland avenue was always a favourite place of mine to go for a great lunch or an early evening meal, (see my past review) and thought today would be no other reason to think otherwise. We sat in our favourite seat in the window, me looking at the world go by and the wife people watching. There wasn't many people in when we sat , but soon filled up to a 1/3 of the seats. First thing we noticed was how much princes was £10 for the lasagne £11 for the chicken dish. And most surprisingly was £2.50 for the coleslaw! COME ON ! £2.50 REALLY!!! as you can see it was small and not as traditional as you may think. Hence they give it another name on the menu. Now im not a greedy person by far . But i do like value for money and i do understand that business need to make profits , but the profit margin on that must be ridicules.(GREEDY)
As for the lasagne it was a little bland for my liking this time, as normally its amazing. And the chicken was tough to be honest. but the presentation was wounderful, with the salad and garlic bread. The lady who was seeing to our table was also very professional and didn't bother with us to much, but just enough to see if everything was ok and clear our table. So our overall experience was pleasant with a little touch of disappointment. We will go back for sure , but maybe with out ordering the slaw.
Pint of bitter shandy , half coke and food £33.00 for lunch. A lite lunch menu is also available.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I visit Sleepers regularly as it’s one of my favourite places to eat. The cocktails are amazing and are usually on a 2 for £10 deal which is great. The food is always to a high standard, just a shame the pepper chicken has changed.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We like this place as the service is always friendly and the food is good. My partner always going for the burgers as they are some of the best in town.
This time I had the chicken in pepper sauce and it was such a disappointment pre cooked very dry chicken slices in a light pepper sauce, having had this in the past it was almost like they couldn't be bothered to actually cook fresh chicken.
I'm hoping this was a one off and other dishes are better and the kitchen is not getting lazy with pre cooked items.
Goid service again though.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

arrived to have a nice bite to eat with my husband. on arriving my husband was having a bit of fun with me. we sat down where my husband started talking to a couple behind him. Sn old acquaintance from school. A staff member came upto me and said we where ok to eat there but could only have a soft drink as my husband was drunk. They had had a complaint from someone as my husband was having a bit of fun with me. We had only had 5 drinks over a period of several hours. I was totally shocked by this and got up and walked out. stating how disgusted i was with there customer skills. My family and i had eaten in sleepers numerous times as we had been brought up on newland avenue. I have had girls nights out in there and never been treated like this before. So they are a bar and if your a bit tipsy then dont enter this establishment as they frown upon it. Strange !!!! well thats out custom lost after all these years

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I've been to Sleepers a few times as I lived in the area and it's never been a disappointment. The cocktail menu is extensive and it's perfect for lunch in summer.