Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Sour dough

Really enjoyable and informative at the same time, which is rare! I have just made my first sour... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
Popstar1962
via mobile
Super, great, smashing day.

What a lovely, cracking day. Made to feel welcome from the moment I walked in the door to the time... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago

from US$189.18
from US$93.43
from US$16.82
More Info
All reviews basic bread artisan bread bread making complete novice great teacher loaves skills knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I was apprehensive about doing this course as concerned I would not be skilled enough, I was quickly put at ease by Vicky who clearly enjoys teaching and sharing her knowledge. Absolutely loved the day and the time went by too quickly. I’ll be back!

Date of experience: August 2021
CanterburyBakingSch, Direttore generale at Canterbury Baking School, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Glad to read that you loved the workshop. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What an amazing day at Canterbury Baking School! We learned how to make sourdough bread from start to finish, going through the process together step by step. As a plus we also prepared some flat bread which then we enjoyed eating for lunch, along with salads and cheeses! I took home some breads, the sourdough starter and the dough I made there and I baked it the next day at home following the procedure I had learned! Vicki was great: friendly and helpful, she talked about the science behind sourdough bread and answered all our questions.

P.S.: I have uploaded the pictures of my fist sourdough bread baked at home!

Reviewed 9 August 2021

Had a fabulous day out at Canterbury Baking School for an Italian theme workshop with pizza and pasta. Very informative, educational and fun.
Milled different grains spelt and kamut for pizza dough.
Learnt about flours and consistencies for mixing and dough forming techniques, for producing mouth-watering favourite foods to enjoy.
Tried out a new wood burning pizza oven too for crispy, thin, wood smoked tasty pizza and made tagliatelle pasta strands with a simple lovely dressing. All healthy and all hands on finger working fun.
Loved working with the different grains and flours and manipulations involved. Also the relaxing, friendly, interactive experience.
A wonderful day out, can't wait to do another.

1  Thank neetyp2021
Reviewed 3 August 2021 via mobile

We went to Canterbury Baking School for an Italian themed workshop and we loved it! Vicky talked us through (and showed us) every step to make the perfect pizza dough and the best handmade fresh (egg) pasta.

We chose our flour (between white, spelt and kamut) and we milled it from the grains. We made a half white half kamut dough and a half white and half spelt dough.

Then, we started with pasta: we made kamut pasta! Something new for me.
I am Italian and when I lived in Italy I used to have pasta every single day. White pasta, from the shop. And now I get to make my own, with a different, healthier flour! How interesting! And how satisfying is to see the long thin tagliatelle come out of the machine from a thicker harder dough! I loved making them!
Vicky will also teach you how to make filled ravioli at an ordinary pasta workshop and she will answer all your questions about pasta making.

When the pizza doughs were ready we divided them in smaller doughs and put all the toppings on: tomato sauce (which we prepared!) and mozzarella are a must, then you choose what else to add. We then tested the very new wood burning pizza oven in the garden! Absolutely great and professional!
We had some pizzas to share and we cooked our handmade pasta and seasoned it with a lovely Italian home made sauce. It was delicious!

Vicky also showed us how to make a loaf of bread which we took home with us. We didn’t have time to make focaccia because we relaxed and talked a lot (it was really interesting!) but we have the recipe.
We also tasted Vicky’s very own vegan ice cream! Wow!

It was all perfect, relaxing, fun and instructive! I can l’t wait to attend again.
Vicky’s knowledge is vast and she is a very good teacher.

Reviewed 17 June 2021 via mobile

I got this as a voucher from some friends for my birthday and absolutely loved it! A really entertaining and very informative day out! Victoria was great: not only did I learn loads about making pasta with delicious fresh ingredients but she answered all of my baking questions.

Date of experience: June 2021
CanterburyBakingSch, Front Office Manager at Canterbury Baking School, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2021

Thank you for your kind review. Delighted you enjoyed the day, had fun and learned new skills. Always happy to offer hints and tips. Please do share your pasta making outcomes with us on social media. Hope to see you again at Canterbury Baking School.