“Appalling!”

Ranked #56 of 240 Restaurants in Hereford
Price range: US$10 - US$18
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Hereford is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Hereford menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Have eaten in various Ask restaurants several times before and have enjoyed the food and atmosphere immensely however today’s experience was truly appalling made worse by the fact it was a birthday treat. Arrived early when the place was empty, ordered a coffee each which had to be returned because it was cold, ordered a main course and after an hour waiting, asked whether the order had been mislaid and was told it would be out soon. Spoke to the manager and said that the wait was unacceptable when the restaurant was now busy and people all around us had been served, he apologised and said the kitchen staff were doing their best but he understood that was not our problem! When the food did arrive, we had dirty utensils with food baked on, had to leave our seats to request salt and pepper which had not been offered to us (why are these places so precious with their pepper mills) and the food was disgusting, my friend had the “new” dish of spinach and cheese pasta which was a gloopy mess and looked (and tasted) like green wallpaper paste. Sad to say we walked out in disgust,

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Visited with the wife over the Easter Holidays (good Friday) and although busy the food and overall atmosphere were great. Staff were clearly busy but working hard and the service was good. Ordered a prima light pizza and salad as well as calzone pizza which were really good! Would defiantly try again. The recommended wine by our server was also great, the wife really enjoyed it!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Started off with dirty glasses on table with left over lipstick. Everything took forever, from ordering to getting the food. Table didn’t get cleared, waited ages to get service to pay even when asking. Would not recommend. Food was okay so gets 2 stars instead of 1.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Family of six went for a meal Good Friday lunchtime. Starters were fine but Oh dear the mains were seriously bad for myself and my husband. I had the Purple Basil Pesto Genovese. It looks lovely on the pic of the NEW addition to the menu. What I had did not resemble it at all. A bowl of tagletelli mixture of pink and purple, with a few pine nuts and green beans thrown in plus the extra chicken (processed strips). My husband had the Rigatoni al Menzo Piccante. Not a meat ball in sight. Just baked pasta in a sauce. The grandaughter's kids spag Bol was spaghetti and not alot of sauce. We had a Tesco voucher to use value £110, with wine and drinks I had £27.45 to pay. No idea why but I actually left a tip,well I do, it was because I felt so sorry for the staff having to cope with so many people wanting food and only two people serving. They actually turned people away at one point . I was told that they prided themselves on good service but had been caught out that day, I was given an Ask cookbook cos he felt so embarrassed, Told to come back again and experience the true Ask, but quite honestly at this moment in time we never want to return! The even worse bit was I tipped!!!!!!!! Soft heart, no sense!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Visited this restaurant a few years ago, and was disappointed with sevice and food, but ate there today and was pleasantly surprised. We were waited on by Lee who made us feel most welcome. He was efficient and the food was great, I had a side order of garlic bread and was shocked by the fact that it was in fact a pizza sized portion. My husband had to help me eat it. Left feeling very full.