Travelodge Hereford
Merton Hotel(Hereford)
  • Restaurant
Good 3.5/5
Very Good 4/5
The Priory Hotel(Stretton Sugwas)
Great 4.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewscider museumtravel lodgelarge sainsburysbreakfast boxfamily roomreception ladyvending machineminutes free wifigave us a mapbudget hotelminute walkcity centreroom was cleancar parkplenty of free parkingshower geltea making facilities
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Amazed to see the Weeping Poppies Exhibition was on.. and is until 29 April 2018. At Hereford Cathedral.. Awesome sight...a must see...once in a lifetime opportunity. We were lucky to see it during our weekend stay. The Travelodge was also excellent choice. .. Free Parking...and only about 10 minutes walk to centre. Staff are fantastic..very pleasant and welcoming..and nothing too much trouble. Many thanks to Sian and Laura..who sorted us a lovely room..comfy bed! The Travelodge is immediately opposite the famous Cider Museum...another must visit for any trip....and they have a shop selling all types and strengths of cider, plus a cafe. What's not to like? No noise from the Gym below the rooms.. just voices a few times outside...just few problems with people in the Hotel banging their bedroom doors..So inconsiderate..but all in all very quiet.. Hereford is quite an historic city. Beautiful Catherdral with the Mappa Mundi there... with many unusual shops..cobbled streets etc. Well worth a trip...and lovely Apple orchards on route..English countryside at it's best.. Will defo go again. Large park area..and river

Room Tip: Top floor rooms overlooking main car park..Free Parking a bonus - and. looking directly at the Cider Museum...quiet.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I have stayed in many different Travelodges and this is by far the cleanest and warmest.
Only downside was how uncomfortable our mattress was. I know that it isn't the Staff's fault but I felt I had to let them know upon our departure.
The Manager asked me, 'Did you enjoy your stay?' After I explained about the mattress issue, she then informed me that she will authorise 50% of my bill to be refunded to my Travelodge account!
Which I will admit was a very nice surprise and something I wasn't expecting.
Special mention to for Emily, who was overly helpful with advice about the City

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Ample parking with a great location for shops, bars and town centre. Welcoming and friendly staff with a good shower, comfortable bed and lovely television which all worked well and also with 30 minutes free WI-FI every day.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I've always tried where possible to book a travelodge when away with work, as I've never had any problems. However this one by far was disappointing.
The hotel is over 3 floors, however half on the first and second floor is above a 24 hour gym. Being on the top floor, directly above the gym, I thought I wouldn't hear anything......how wrong could I have been. As soon as I returned to the hotel at around 6pm, 3 night in a row, the noise started. Banging and slamming of weights, to the point the floors and walls were vibrating. This continued on and off until around 11pm. Then 5.45am I was woken again by gym goers using weights.
I know this gym hasn't been open all that long, and why on earth such a big gym was allowed under a hotel is beyond me. Had I have been aware of it before booking I wouldn't have booked, If I'd have had a room at the other end of the hotel not above the gym, I'm sure my stay would have been perfect.

Staff extremely helpful and friendly, and hotel was very clean and comfortable. Just a huge shame about the constant noise.

Hotel is in a good location, easy to find, however no dining facilities on site.

When you are staying for work purposes, and have clearly had to travel, being able to sleep well is a must.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled on business
TravelodgeUK, Joe from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Hereford, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

We're so sorry to hear about your recent experience at our Hereford Travelodge but we appreciate you taking the time to leave us your review.

We would like to hear more about your stay, therefore may we kindly request you contact us via our website so our customer service team can investigate your visit with the hotel.

Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well presented building, easy to find. Free car park right outside. Bed linen in good condition and room clean and tidy.
Bed very comfortable and room pleasantly warm and quiet considering surrounded by sainsburys and residential properties
Would certainly stay again