“Excellent, and above all of my expectations”

Southsea Beach Cafe
Ranked #58 of 715 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 4 April 2018

I mostly just have a take out coffee while on a dog walk but today I had family down from London and they wanted "lunch with a view" so we headed to Southsea Beach Cafe... Everything, staff, food, drinks was better than expected and I will definitely be eating there again.

2  Thank NEW53
Write a ReviewReviews (1,273)

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I've been visiting the Beach Cafe for the last 18 months and absolutely love it. It is exactly what Southsea needed and whenever I have guests visiting I always take them here and they love it. Great view, really nice food and a lovely atmosphere. Couldn't recommend it highly enough

1  Thank Paul T
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Another great lunch..... delicious food, good service, friendly staff.... What's not to like!! Looking forward to my next visit to Portsmouth which always includes a meal here

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Fantastic location on the beach with a friendly atmosphere. Have always found the staff really helpful and very attentive with a sense of fun as well! The food is fabulous whether it is for breakfast, lunch or a slice of cake - current favourites are the gorgeous fish and chips and the rare beef sandwich.
Really cosy and warm in the winter even on our recent cold and rainy days and now looking forward to the summer months with the retractable roof. A great asset to our seafront.

Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Wow amazing place to eat. So relaxing looking out to sea watching the world go by whilst sipping a really nice glass of wine and waiting for lunch. Staff are so friendly and attentive. I dont eat burgers but tried one here and would go back again just for this dish. Looking at food coming out it all looked delicious. Will come back here again and again.