US$84
US$101
US$84
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$104/night.

US$90
Best Western Royal Beach Hotel(Portsmouth)(Great Value!)
US$85
US$71
G! Boutique Hotel(Portsmouth)
US$89
Savings alert! 27% below average rates

The price you found is 27% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$122/night.

Florence House(Portsmouth)
US$82
US$105
US$105
US$99
Hotels.com
All reviewsdouble showerl'occitane toiletriessister hotelsmall hotelmercer collectionlovely hotelbreakfast in bedsitting roombreakfast was deliciousstayed longertea and coffeetop flooralbert roadon arrivalbus stoplovely roomno lift
Reviewed 2 March 2016

I have stayed at Number Four twice now and both times i have been amazed by firstly the value for money and secondly the quality level of the hotel. Stunning rooms that are warm and comfortable, incredibly clean, and very spacious. I stayed in room number 9 on the top floor, i paid £95..anywhere else in the country (or even locally) this would get you a small room no features and probably no breakfast. I had a large comfortable bed, seating area..and a free standing bath in the bedroom which is a wonderful luxury and makes the room rather special. The breakfast is excellent and the menu extensive. All in all a wonderful hotel that has my business whenever I stay in Southsea/ Portsmouth

Room Tip: Any room is great
  • Stayed: February 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank dhpinder
Reception1113, Owner at Number Four Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Thank you so much for leaving this wonderful review, also welcome back! We love it so much when guests return and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay again a second time around. We look forward to welcoming you back again for a third stay, maybe in another hotel from our collection in Southsea...

Reviewed 27 February 2016

Number four hotel is such a lovely place. My husband and I have just returned from a nights stay in room 10 (suite) and I couldn't recommend it more highly. It's the perfect place to stay if like us, you are going to the theatre and rather than driving home, decide to stay for a night. The staff are helpful and polite, the breakfast is fab-cooked to order and the overall experience is really special. My husband and I will be back and maybe we will try one of the other rooms as they are all different. Have no hesitation in booking, you won't be disappointed.

2  Thank 1974claire99
Reception1113, Manager at Number Four Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 March 2016

Thank you for leaving this wonderful review, we are so thrilled you enjoyed your break away and that Number Four could help you enhance it. We are very glad that you enjoyed our breakfast selection on offer and also that you found the staff to be 'helpful and polite'. Please do call us to book again soon.

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

My husband and I stay away very regularly with work in top end hotels, as a result when staying away for pleasure it's very difficult to find somewhere that feels luxurious without breaking the bank! This is one of those places.....we stayed in room 10 which was fabulous It even had a bath big enough for the two of us with a separate shower room which was gleaming. Caroline was on reception when we arrived, she was amazing! Not only smiley and helpful but OMG was she strong....as I didn't know there wasn't a lift to the 2nd floor and packed for a month in a big suitcase which I could barely lift. My husband has had 5 back ops so couldn't carry it but without a thought she very impressively climbed the stairs suitcase in hand! Breakfast was fresh, clean and oh so tasty....if ever we need to stay anywhere within proximity to Portsmouth again we will definitely be back. Thank you for a lovely stay.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike R

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review of your stay! We are so pleased that you liked your suite and enjoyed the beautiful bath tub. Thank you for your warm words towards our staff, they are very appreciated. All at The Mercer Collection look forward to warmly welcoming your return.

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend checked into the hotel for a one night stay and we were both impressed with the warm welcome and the exquisite room, we were in room 4 and despite what other reviews have said, the size of the bathroom was not an issue. The breakfast in the morning was freshly prepared and we both enjoyed our stay. Next time we are in Portsmouth we know where we will be booking and I cannot recommend this lovely establishment more highly. Great job Mercer Collection!

Stayed: February 2016

It's wonderful to hear that you found your stay to be 'perfect'! We are all so glad that you and your partner enjoyed your stay with us and that you would consider staying with us again it the future, we look forward to it.

Reviewed 27 February 2016

Modern, clean and well furnished with lovely L'Occitane toiletries! Wonderfully warm service and a solid breakfast. While not the nearest to central Portsmouth, we had rented a car and had no problem driving to town and parking at Gunwharf Quays.

Stayed: February 2016

It's such a pleasure to read this review, just as it was to host you. Thank you for your lovely comments about your stay, we look forward to seeing you again.