“Not bad but could've been better”

Little Johnny Russells
Ranked #42 of 57 Nightlife in Portsmouth
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Visited the pub on Monday with a friend. Board games were on every table and there was an old Nintendo console set up which some people were playing. We didn't play anything on this occasion but love the idea.

My friend and I went mainly for food - we're both vegetarian and struggled to find much on the menu to suit us (veggie burger or veggie sausage and mash). As you can see from the photo we went for sausages and mash with a portion of onion rings.
Presentation was good, however the sausages were quite dry. The gravy was cold but he mash was pretty nice. Overall it was average and not a dish we particularly wanted to finish. The onion rings were good and nice and hot.

I have given the place a 3/5 because I really like this pub but the food on this visit was OK.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

The food is great and staff are very accommadating and friendly. Lovely atmosphere and great local pub. The video games are an added bonus. Thanks for a great afternoon. Would definitely recommend this pub for a good lunch with the family or a few drinks with friends.

1  Thank jessica x
Reviewed 7 February 2018 via mobile

I have been twice since the rebrand the first time they had no chips and the second no burgers. It’s a real shame because it’s good music and the food they did have was tasty but advertising burgers on your window makes you think they will have burgers and chips. I probably won’t bother trying again.

Reviewed 14 January 2018 via mobile

Went along to the Launch Party for the newly revamped LJR.

The atmosphere was fantastic! They had an amazing live musician on, welcome drinks on arrival and the welcome from the new manager was outstanding.

Like what they have done with the venue... can't wait to make this a regular spot!

They also have an old school Nintendo connected to their to screens and had a great time playing mario kart against friends and strangers alike.

Look forward to seeing what else they bring to this great pub.

Had some cheesy chips to snack on too which tasted fab!

Definitely will visit again!

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 July 2017

On one of the hottest days of the year, got turned away for having "UnChino like" shorts on. The door staff were rude and uncomprimising. My friend had combat shorts on which were apparently are ok. Go figure.
By the way I am a 57 year old Gentleman and not a rowdy pub goer. will not be recommending this place