“Probably the best Indian meal I have ever had.”
Review of Bombay Bay

Bombay Bay
Ranked #103 of 765 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$19 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 10 October 2018

Went here as a group of six and had an excellent meal. I had prawn puree for statrters and chicken tikka sylhett for my main. We all had set menus and were able to taste each others food. I can honestly say that I was overwhelmed by the different tastes and textures available. I will definitely go back in the very near future.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank 55drolfe

Reviewed 8 September 2018

We had dinner last night at this place and it was so good we went back tonight with some friends. Service was excellent and the food was great. I had “Chom Choml last night and a “Mixed Buryani”dish tonight.our friends and my wife had similar dishes. Everything arrived piping hot and was delicious, with just the rightbamount of spice and heat. Prices were reasonable - £15.95 for a three course meal (about US $20, CAD $26). A nice location overlooking a marina. Nicely furnished and very clean.

We expect to be in the area next year and will surely dine here again.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

We were a group of 4
Food excellent great taste and good service That’s until we all went home and 3 out of the 4 were up all night with bad stomachs 2 of us had the same as each other The other person had something totally different I will never go back after a sleepless night on the toilet

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

Myself, my husband and my parents came for a meal over the weekend. Whilst the food was great the atmosphere and attitude of the staff wasn't great. We asked to order starters first, then mains but this was not allowed and we were abruptly told the chef would not accept this?! We had to order everything up front at that point (we like to take our time and drag the evening out a little). On top of that we were constantly pushed to order and were uncomfortably observed during our whole stay. We spent £130 during our visit, the table was not booked out again afterwards so was ours for the whole evening.....we won't be coming back anytime soon put it that way.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Really great Indian food with a pretty backdrop out over the water. It’s easy to get carried away and eat too much! But it’s sooo good.

Date of visit: July 2018