“Great food and location”
Review of Bombay Bay

Bombay Bay
Ranked #98 of 738 Restaurants in Portsmouth
Price range: US$19 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 23 May 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended! Very tasty food and a great location. We were visiting the area and called in by chance. If we lived closer we would be regular customers.

Reviewed 6 May 2018

Party of 7 booked in for special family meal. Waited nearly 15 minutes past booking time to be seated, table clearly not ready. Had to repeatedly ask for cutlery, for door to be shut as it was cold too. Hot plates had to be handed down the table as waiter couldn’t access so all in all service was not up to scratch. Chipped crockery as well. Food itself was somewhat disappointing. Several of us felt meals were very salty. Mushroom rice just had whole mushrooms in it rather than sliced and worked through the rice as you might usually see it served. All of us felt underwhelmed by the food in contrast to super meals we have enjoyed previously. Despite fantastic location it’s unlikely we will rush back.

Reviewed 4 May 2018 via mobile

We have visited this restaurant over the years as we live in London. I can honestly say last nights dinner was absolutely delicious I love my grub being a big lad and I didn’t want it to end lol I haven’t had a curry like that in a long time. The staff were very friendly and with the set meals only £25 in London I pay £45 for the same. Great views also will be going back on Sunday night as staying in Sunny ☀️ Portsmouth on a 4 night break with my 4 year old.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

Went for meal with family tonight+wasn't disappointed!! Second time I've been+great food yet again. Lovely setting,the 1st time went went last summer we sat outside 2eat which was really nice. Inside the decor is very nice+excellent service. Highly reccomend it!!!!!!!

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

Everytime we have visited the food has been amazing. The set menu is awesome value and have never been let down by the quality of the food. I would certainly recommend.