“Late delivery”

Rock Salt
Get food delivered
Ranked #45 of 124 Quick Bites in Portsmouth
Price range: US$1 - US$10
Description: We are a friendly local Fish and Chips shop based Portsmouth, situated in North End shops, Portsmouth. We serve fine quality fish and chips, sausages, pies, and authentic rustic style pizzas. We are a chippy with a difference as we serve only fine quality food. All our food is sourced using the best suppliers and we do not compromise on our quality. We don't believe in cheap and cheerful here at Rock Salt. We believe that quality of product and service are of paramount importance. We offer gluten free Fish and Chips every Friday too. Our motto is 'We aim to serve', which is what we live by as we put our customers first. Please give us a try, you won't be disappointed.
Reviewed 5 March 2021

Worst delivery time ever , it would be quicker to build your own fish and chip shop,. Catch the fish yourself and still eat the food before rock salt delivers

Date of visit: March 2021
Write a reviewReviews (84)

Reviewed 12 January 2021

When our order arrived we had some things missing. The food quality tasted disgusting. Just tasted like cardboard. We much prefer the master fryer. Even the additional Mayo tasted horrible. It’s overpriced you can get better quality for the money your paying, elsewhere.

Date of visit: January 2021
Reviewed 4 November 2020 via mobile

was empty when we walked in ... still took 20+ minutes for dinner due to them doing delivery orders . food quality was poor even though fresh cooked . prices were out of this world stupidly high .. 25 quid for 3 fish and chips
sort it out !!
staff friendly enough

Date of visit: November 2020
Reviewed 17 October 2020 via mobile

I only ever get my family’s fish and chips from here.
AMAZING food, PERFECT customer service. I would recommend rocksalt to everyone .

Date of visit: October 2020
Reviewed 25 September 2020 via mobile

We travelled down from Edinburgh for a funeral and getting in late we were hungry. After reading the top reviews and looking at their website we decided to give it a go. Fish and chips for me and a battered sausage and chips for the wife. First thing wrong the chips were separate from the main and then the second, no battered sausages. My Fish! - I looked at this greasy mess that reminded me of something that my dog leaves on the grass, surprisingly it was even the same colour! The chips, I had two and they were disgusting. So in the bin they went. A total waste of money and utterly disgusting. The premises leaves a lot to be desired and I’d say it reminds me of Beirut in the late 80’s, yes a disgusting bomb site.

They say on their website “Only the finest ingredients, in our fish and chips” and “Finest tasting fish and chips, and more.” Someone is taking the Michael here.

I am truly sorry to be so so negative and to the point but it was flipping disgusting.

Date of visit: September 2020