“Great cocktails”
Review of Montpellier Lodge

Montpellier Lodge
Ranked #14 of 472 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$21 - US$55
Description: Welcome to Montpellier Lodge. We are situated in the former park-keepers house, adjacent to Montpellier Gardens, the lodge stands out as the perfect location to fuse elegant modern dining with a traditional setting. Consisting of an elegantly furnished restaurant, coupled with a glazed conservatory and courtyard, the lodge is the ideal destination for modern, relaxed dining with family and friends.
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

I went here with my boyfriend and his family for a couple of drinks, we we not disappointed! The staff were helpful and the gin was incredible, I will definitely be going back for a meal. 10/10 would recommend.

Reviewed August 11, 2017

Had dinner last Friday 4August . Arrived to a warm welcome and was given a lovely table by the window. The whole place is stunning and the staff very attentive.
The food was amazing my fish (sole) was perfect. The Prosecco was chilled to perfection !
We met Barry the owner he's a lovely chap and the Montpellier Lodge really is a credit to him and his hard working staff
My pudding was amazing mini donughts and jelly yummy !
Best thing to do is try it for yourself you will not be disappointed

1  Thank ian v
Reviewed August 11, 2017

Excellent brunch, two of us had Eggs Benedict and one Sausage Sandwich sat outside at a table overlooking the gardens.

Reviewed August 6, 2017

Just back from holiday and popped to Montpellier Lodge for an end of holiday date night! The Sashimi of Scallops was so refreshing I just had to write - simply delicious. The Catch of the Day was good to follow and the Spinyback Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand helped round it all off - an enjoyable way to end the holidays! The restaurant was busy and buzzy and all in all extremely good value.

Reviewed August 5, 2017

We ordered lunch and was so looking forward to great meal so was disappointed not to be able to give this a five star review. I had the burger. It's a good size portion but was slightly pink inside which is not ideal. It was supposed to come with a tomato and onion chutney but my chutney tasted too like mango chutney for my liking. This made the meal reminiscent of an Indian meal in some way, which was not the taste I wanted. Chef kindly did some sauté potatoes for me but they were very soggy. Hubby ate them though as his battered fish came with too few potatoes for his liking. He enjoyed the fish and it was perfectly cooked but the pea veloute ruined the dish as it made the batter on the fish wet which spoilt the batter. Pea purée would be better in my opinion. The chocolate delice dessert was excellent. But the real let down was the coffee. We had decaf and regular and both were very very weak . I doubt we will eat there again.

986barry, General Manager at Montpellier Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your food here at the lodge. We have discussed your comments with the kitchen team, and all issues taken on board. The pea veloute is served on the side of this dish to ensure being added to taste; however the option of pea puree could certainly be considered as an alternative in future. We are looking to potentially change the blend of coffee that we use; it is usually received well, however we will ensure that all coffees are being served with correct measure of coffee in order to prevent any 'weak' tasting coffees.
We hope that you will change your mind and dine with us again in the future.