“Superb Sunday Lunch”
Review of The White Spoon

The White Spoon
Reserve with OpenTable
The White Spoon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #13 of 473 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Price range: US$16 - US$53
Description: The White Spoon is a restaurant born from the ambition and commitment of our Chef Director, Chris White. It is a relaxed dining experience where you can expect to see dishes that showcase individual ingredients, each elevated, using modern techniques, into something truly exciting, without losing their original charm.
Reviewed August 16, 2017

We arrived at noon for Sunday lunch and the restaurant was quiet. Not for long though. The service was excellent and the roast beef and yourkshire pudding was perfectly cooked. Probably the best Sunday Lunch I've had in a very long time! I look forward to returning.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

Amazing! I had the lobster with avocado, watermelon and honey and mustard and it was divine. My friend has the confit of ling with razor clams and pickled kohlrabi and the fact that neither of us barely spoke during that course says it all! As it was Sunday lunch I opted for the roast beef which was delicious, the beef was sublime and the most wonderful gravy (anyone who knows me will know this is the decider). Pudding however went beyond all expectations - chocolate tart with hazelnuts and ice cream, simply divine. The staff are lovely and although attentive they are not intrusive - perfect. As both of us were driving then it was only a glass of Prosecco but the wine list looked really good. I'll have to go back just to sample one or three. Hopefully it will be sooner than later that I return.

Reviewed July 25, 2017

Visited The White Spoon for a Sunday roast and it was honestly the best roast dinner I've ever had - in every way! The service was also fantastic. The owner should be very proud.

Reviewed July 24, 2017

Another great meal at this restaurant. My husband was excited by the a la carte menu which included a starter of pigeon with saddle of wild rabbit for main, both of which he rated as absolutely delicious. I chose lobster with watermelon for starter and rump of lamb for main - both very tasty. Desserts also .delicious- goats yoghurt panna cotta with cherries and peach bavarois. This was our first visit since the previous front of house Andy moved on and we were well looked after by Katlyn who was most efficient and attentive. She seems to have taken on her new responsibilities with great confidence. We did not get the chance to speak much to the new manager. The restaurant will now be closed for the summer holiday but we will definitely return soon.

Reviewed July 23, 2017 via mobile

Visited The White Spoon for date night, and it didn't disappoint!! Despite being slightly early for our booking, we were seated straight away, and what an excellent menu to choose from - it was so good I almost persuaded the other half we should have the tasting menu just to try it all!!

As it was, we made our choices from the A La Carte menu, and every single mouthful was delicious.

The service was also just right, with my only minor niggle being that the table next to us was quite close, so I felt like we were being squeezed past each time they were attended to.

All in all, five star food at very reasonable prices... so I'd get in there before the chef gets his own Michelin Star and the prices rocket!!

Thanks for a lovely evening with gorgeous food!!