“Sunday Treat”

Cuisines: Caribbean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is one of me and my friends favourite places to visit, we get bored of all the Italian and grill chain restaurants. Therefore we always travel to chetlhnam to visit here as we love the atmosphere and the food. Once again our last visit was enjoyable, food was absolutely delicious the only downfall is that service was slow even though the restaurant had a few tables and lots of staff working.

But definitely worth a visit!!!

There are newer reviews for Turtle Bay

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a family lunch here to celebrate a major birthday, but were left very disappointed.
It was nearly 2pm so the place was becoming much less busy, but it was well over half an hour before any food arrived. When it did, mine came on a very old, well used, cracked wooden board that meant the sauces on the food were disappearing down onto the table! The breast jerk chicken breast was absolutely tiny, and though I'd paid an extra £1.50 to have a 'festival' salad with my meal, apparently this meant the majority of the dish was taken off the order, so no slaw, no rice 'n' peas and no chutney.
This is not explained on the menu, why would you pay a supplement to have less!?!? It was just a small piece of chicken in sauce and a small square of salad for £12 on a knackered clearly unhygienic piece of wood. The waitress apologised it hadn't been explained, but made no effort to remedy my meal.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I've been to other Turtle Bay restaurants before so I thought I'd take my friend to this one as he's never been - big mistake. We'd booked a table and arrived on time but the hostess said the people had just left and she needed to clean our table. No problem with that - we went to the bar and ordered some drinks while we waited. 10 mins go by and no table. We can see the same hostess seating people who have just walked in so we ask her if our table is ready. She says to give her a few minutes and carries on seating other people/walking around the restaurant. It wasn't at all busy at that point so we were pretty confused by her behaviour. After over half an hour we ask the male host to seat us and he apologised for the delay. The waitress was friendly and did a good job but the food needed some more spice and flavour. It's definitely the worst experience I've had at a Turtle Bay and I won't be recommending it to others. It's definitely worth the extra time driving to Bristol if you really want to experience this chain.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I had an early dinner here with my daughter and two grand children. The atmosphere was buzzing, and the decor bright and cheerful. I loved the music although it was a little loud for me. The service was very good and the food absolutely delicious, very fresh and tasty. I had a supergreen salad with mashed sweet potatoe and a goats cheese which was perfect for my vegetarian and GF diet.

Reviewed August 15, 2017

This has become a regular for myself and friends.

Get here before 7pm for the happy hour 2-4-1 cocktails and then stay on for the good quality filling food. I'm a massive fan of the street burger. Always tasty and freshly cooked.

The place gets super crowded and noisy but the atmosphere is great and the service always good.

And for once, it's a place that the cocktails taste like they have some alcohol in them, not like the watered down offerings of other places in town when it's 2-4-1.

If you want a good night out, head here... if you want a quiet romantic dinner for 2, best try some place else or maybe mid week cause the weekends are busy!