“Couldn’t have been better”

The Ivy Montpellier Brasserie
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ivy Montpellier Brasserie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #81 of 482 Restaurants in Cheltenham
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked for my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary in February. The staff were incredible, efficient to the point we barely noticed they were there. The food was lovely all round.

I would highly recommend it for a celebration.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The second time I've been to the Ivy in Montpellier, the first time the food was great but the service average. This time the food and the service left a lot to be desired. My wife sent her fish cake back as it was cold however we were not asked if everyone's food was ok.
My burger and chips were not very hot, I asked for mustard but it did not arrive, the waiter said he had been talking to the chef and had forgotten, great! I asked if a particular wine had an oak finish only to be told by the waiter that no he didn't think it was as it was a bottle with a screw top. A lot more training is required for this to become a good restaurant.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good food, not stand out, albeit on par with other similar local restaurants. Friendly staff, but service slow. Good venue location. Newly refurbished so clean, comfortable and modern look. Good use of feature architecture.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

What a spectacular series of rooms - especially the beautifully restored Spa dome.

4 star rating due to the slightly supercilious waiter, and the very poor chips - I could do better my self and the other 3 diners with us agreed! Otherwise a good experience and particular praise for the friendly door desk staff on arrival and departure - you ladies are credit to the business.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I’ve visited the Ivy in Marlow before so knew what to expect. The food didn’t disappoint. We had booked a table for four and a friend asked to join us however on telephoning the restaurant prior to arriving they said they were full. Slightly disappointing that this was not the case and the three tables next us to remained empty while we were there.
The food was excellent there is something for all budgets but ensure you try the shepherds pie as it’s simply delicious.
The staff have a weird attitude, I wouldn’t say they are snobby but you definitely wouldn’t say they were friendly either. Also top tip: as beautiful as the dome is it’s very noisy so I’d recommend asking for a table in the other area if you are wanting to be able to hear each other during your time there.