Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
US$97
Hotels.com
US$95
  • Breakfast included
Royal Victoria Hotel(St Leonards-on-Sea)
US$70
US$64
  • Restaurant
US$144
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$77
PremierInn.com
Lansdowne(Hastings)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewsentertainment staffplatinum caravansmall shopshort breakfamily holidaykerryentertainersfri
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Very friendly and really helpful staff throughout the whole of the campsite.
We went with our family of three young girls and I must say they were thoroughly entertained, especially by Martin and Ashley who are the onsite entertainment team and as we were the only family they could have easily cancelled due to lack of demand. This just meant my children basically had their own personal entertainers. Even taking time to give my kids street dance and singing lessons. Obviously these were not on the list of things to do for them but they really made the effort.
We have rebooked for the summer

Management response:Responded 3 April 2018

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us at Coghurst Hall. What a pleasure to read such amazing comments about the Team. I will be sure to share your feedback with them. They will be thrilled, as am I. We like to ensure that all our guests receive 5* treatment throughout their stay and we very much look forward to seeing you again in the summer.

Warm regards
Coghurst Hall Management

Reviewed 27 March 2018

We stayed with another family in a 4-berth Gold caravan and had a fun weekend. The caravan was clean and well looked after although a little cramped for 8 people. The kitchen is not well stocked for cooking a large meal but has all the basics. The mattresses have a strange plastic coating which is obviously practical but not all that comfortable! The supplied bed linen was good.

Our kids absolutely loved the clubhouse - the arcade was a huge hit and the entertainment was great. In the afternoon they took part in a couple of activities run by Martin and really enjoyed them. The food at the bar was average pub food - hardly anything vegetarian and a lack of fresh veg! Staff were all really great and the grown-ups loved the bingo! There was an issue with the toilets in the bar not being very clean - this should be looked at as it was very unpleasant. The pool was great but cold when we were there due to a technical fault.

The park is in a nice setting with a lake and surrounded by woodland. It was pretty muddy but nothing too serious. It is 10 mins from Hastings which is fantastic for a day trip.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Ben P, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hi Kaypea
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park. I am happy to see that your accommodation was clean and well looked after. About the kitchen, they do only come with basic kitchen equipment, but it is adequate to cook a meal. The mattress have a plastic coating on them for protection and can easily be wiped down before next guests arrive. I have passed on your lovely comments to Martin he is certainly an asset to the park and loves to make everyone feel welcome and to join in. With regards to the complex toilets, I apologise for the fact that they were not as clean as they should be, I have passed this onto the Manager. We are very lucky to be in a country location, in the summer it is truly gorgeous. We look forward to seeing you again in the future, and should you wish to book again, please do call the park direct and we can help you with rebooking and add some discounts for you.

Coghurst Hall Holiday Park

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

We were originally going to a site in Devon but had to move due to snow and Ice. Arrived at Coghurst Hall just after 15:00 and our van was ready so collected the keys and headed off. Van was clean and tidy and the staff had had the heating on so it warm and comfortable. This was a 4 bedroom Gold class van and we had no complaints at all about it. The pavements and grass areas around the van and the steps etc need attention as is does look a little scruffy. However by the time we left the park grounds people were laying new turf etc so I presume it will look better later in the season.
We had a look at the indoor pool but it was a bit chilly for the baby due to a maintenance issue we didn’t use it but it looked great.
We decided to buy the half board option so used the site club for breakfast and dinner. They have just changed the menu and we thought the food was very good. We all enjoyed every meal we ate there. The staff is the restaurant are fantastic nothing is too much trouble for them.
Our 9 month old granddaughter adored Martin the entertainer who made time to come over and see her and carefully introduce the park mascots to her so she wouldn’t be frightened by them. This guy is a real asset to park holidays the young girl who is working with him was lovely as well.
Overall we had a great 4 day short break and will take away some very happy memories of our first park holidays uk, holiday. Thank all for everything.

2  Thank Tamworth_Traveler
Ben P, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Hi Tamworth Traveller

Thank your taking the time to review your stay with us at Coghurst Hall.
I am pleased to see that your van was clean and tidy when you checked in and that we left the heating on for you, something we like to do during the chillier months, so it is cosy on arrival. In respect of the surrounding grounds, these are currently being dealt with, but I apologise that they looked a little scruffy on your arrival. I apologise that you were unable to use the pool due to it being a little chilly. The new menu this year is lovely and has some nice choices and very tasty too. I have passed all your comments onto the Team. Martin is certainly very good with children and allows them time to get to know him, and I am very pleased to see that he took the time for your little one to get used to the Character. I am so very pleased that we have given you great happy memories of your first Park Holidays UK holiday, and we very much hope to see you again in the future.

Coghurst Hall Management

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Firstly we had a gold plus 10 birth caravan for 5 adults and a baby - you could easily sleep 10 however 10 couldn’t live in the space there just wouldn’t be enough room it was cosy for 6 - it was lovely and clean and all new, the site is picturesque but you can’t park next to your caravan so lugging a car full of baby items was a little difficult but not impossible

The entertainment staff here Martin especially are a credit to the company nothing was too much effort, they were amazing with our baby and always had balloons and toys to play with and went above what we would have expected - they made us all feel like part of the park family

The food is excellent and the food package for 5 breakfast and 2 course dinner for three nights was £250 which I don’t feel was expensive for the quality and amount of food,
You do need to drive in this area though it’s very hilly and small narrow lanes and I didn’t see any public transport near the park

We would come here again without any doubt

2  Thank Charlotte C

Hi Charlotte

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us at Coghurst Hall. I am so pleased to read that you had a great time with us. I have passed your comments regarding the cleanliness to the Accommodation Team who were very pleased and they do work hard to make sure our guests are comfortable, albeit a little cosy in the 10 berth . About parking, as we are a Country Park we try to keep it this way hence no parking near the units. Now onto Martin he is indeed a credit to the Park, he certainly ensures that all our guests experience the full package, he was over the moon to read these comments and says thank you. I have also passed on you lovely comments regarding the food to the Complex Manager, the food is very good here and value for money. We very much look forward to seeing you again in the future so please do give us a call and we can book your next break with you.

Coghurst Hall Holiday Park Management

Reviewed 17 March 2018

The first thing I must say looking at some reviews is . . . "you get what you pay for"! Two of us (pensioners) paid £119 pounds total for a 'Gold plus 2, 6 Berth Caravan' for 3 nights Fri - Monday. I think it was excellent value. The van was new, large, clean and warm, two toilets, everything worked, new cutlery and plates overall very good. The beds were not the best but just passable. There was a slightly unpleasant smell (van 42) but liveable. All the staff we encountered were very helpful and pleasant. The site was clean and tidy and yes it was a bit muddy if you had to stray from the numerous paths to your van. Take a torch as lighting at night is a bit limited. Extension lead was handy as plugs in our van were limited and I like a bedside radio which is mains connected and without the lead would be impossible. Expect a five minute walk from car to van. It is a country park and without transport difficult. The shop was adequate with basic supplies. We added £100 for half board (evening 2 courses + breakfast) both meals very good and worth the additional cost. £3.80 approx for a pint and around £14 a bottle of wine. The holiday complex is geared up for families with children so expect children running around and being noisy!! Evening entertainment also acceptable depending on taste! Overall a value for money break.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review of your stay. I am very pleased to see that you had a lovely time with us and you found your holiday to be excellent value. I have passed on your lovely comments regarding the cleanliness of the accommodation to the cleaners who were very pleased with the feedback and also to all the other Team Members. I apologise for the smell in your accommodation, this has been passed on to the House Keeper and this will be investigated. In respect to the lack of lighting this is to ensure that we help preserve the rural nature of the park and in some areas the amount of light and night is in order to assist children to sleep. But thank you for this feedback and moving forward “torch” information can be added to our pre arrival email. The food is good her on park and I am pleased that you took advantage of our Flexi Dine service, so nice when someone else cooks for you. We hope to see you again in the very near future, so please do call us and we can book a further break for you.

Coghurst Hall Holiday Park