Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
US$139
The Laindons(Hastings)
US$190
  • Breakfast included
Senlac Guest House(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$100
Sherwood Guest House(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$100
US$173
The Old Rectory(Hastings)
US$127
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$144/night.

US$165
  • Breakfast included
Premier Inn Hastings Hotel(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$73
PremierInn.com
All reviewsfishing lakegardens areaentertainment staffplatinum caravansmall shopshort breakeaster breaklovely parklovely breakcamber sandsgreat weekendentertainerskerryfriwoodlandbattle
Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

Firstly we had a gold plus 10 birth caravan for 5 adults and a baby - you could easily sleep 10 however 10 couldn’t live in the space there just wouldn’t be enough room it was cosy for 6 - it was lovely and clean and all new, the site is picturesque but you can’t park next to your caravan so lugging a car full of baby items was a little difficult but not impossible

The entertainment staff here Martin especially are a credit to the company nothing was too much effort, they were amazing with our baby and always had balloons and toys to play with and went above what we would have expected - they made us all feel like part of the park family

The food is excellent and the food package for 5 breakfast and 2 course dinner for three nights was £250 which I don’t feel was expensive for the quality and amount of food,
You do need to drive in this area though it’s very hilly and small narrow lanes and I didn’t see any public transport near the park

We would come here again without any doubt

2  Thank Charlotte C
Ben P, General Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2018

Hi Charlotte

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us at Coghurst Hall. I am so pleased to read that you had a great time with us. I have passed your comments regarding the cleanliness to the Accommodation Team who were very pleased and they do work hard to make sure our guests are comfortable, albeit a little cosy in the 10 berth . About parking, as we are a Country Park we try to keep it this way hence no parking near the units. Now onto Martin he is indeed a credit to the Park, he certainly ensures that all our guests experience the full package, he was over the moon to read these comments and says thank you. I have also passed on you lovely comments regarding the food to the Complex Manager, the food is very good here and value for money. We very much look forward to seeing you again in the future so please do give us a call and we can book your next break with you.

Coghurst Hall Holiday Park Management

Reviewed 17 March 2018

The first thing I must say looking at some reviews is . . . "you get what you pay for"! Two of us (pensioners) paid £119 pounds total for a 'Gold plus 2, 6 Berth Caravan' for 3 nights Fri - Monday. I think it was excellent value. The van was new, large, clean and warm, two toilets, everything worked, new cutlery and plates overall very good. The beds were not the best but just passable. There was a slightly unpleasant smell (van 42) but liveable. All the staff we encountered were very helpful and pleasant. The site was clean and tidy and yes it was a bit muddy if you had to stray from the numerous paths to your van. Take a torch as lighting at night is a bit limited. Extension lead was handy as plugs in our van were limited and I like a bedside radio which is mains connected and without the lead would be impossible. Expect a five minute walk from car to van. It is a country park and without transport difficult. The shop was adequate with basic supplies. We added £100 for half board (evening 2 courses + breakfast) both meals very good and worth the additional cost. £3.80 approx for a pint and around £14 a bottle of wine. The holiday complex is geared up for families with children so expect children running around and being noisy!! Evening entertainment also acceptable depending on taste! Overall a value for money break.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
ParkHolidaysUK, Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review of your stay. I am very pleased to see that you had a lovely time with us and you found your holiday to be excellent value. I have passed on your lovely comments regarding the cleanliness of the accommodation to the cleaners who were very pleased with the feedback and also to all the other Team Members. I apologise for the smell in your accommodation, this has been passed on to the House Keeper and this will be investigated. In respect to the lack of lighting this is to ensure that we help preserve the rural nature of the park and in some areas the amount of light and night is in order to assist children to sleep. But thank you for this feedback and moving forward “torch” information can be added to our pre arrival email. The food is good her on park and I am pleased that you took advantage of our Flexi Dine service, so nice when someone else cooks for you. We hope to see you again in the very near future, so please do call us and we can book a further break for you.

Coghurst Hall Holiday Park

Reviewed 16 March 2018

Would like to start this review with something positive. Our silver 2 bed caravan was quite new, very clean and quiet pleasant if not a bit too compact!!
Also, all the staff where wonderful and would go out of their way to help.

We went for a week with my brother and my dad who is disabled with reduced mobility and in a mobility scooter. We informed of this upon booking and was informed there was no adapted caravans available but really needed that date so thought we'd cope. However, they put us in the worse location possible for a mobility scooter.. down the end of a very narrow and very uneven path either side of which was lots and logistic mud.. and the path to our caravan was unfinished and awful for my dad ave his mobility.. the path was so bad that my poor dads scooter tipped over and he fell in the mud! Luckily some lovely staff (off duty) were nearby to help as it was almost impossible to get him back upright again!
Also, there is next to no lighting at night time. Unless caravan lights are on its so hard to where your going.. even more so for my dad with vision impairment..
The park is not clearly signposted either and the maps are not very clear

It is also an absolute nightmare if you don't drive.. the park seems to mostly cater for private owners indiscretions drives.. even from their van to the clubhouse! There are no pathways for pedestrians either.

The newly refurbished pool was meant to be open on Friday the 9th but didn't open until Sunday the 11th. It was small but lovely but the waterc was so cold my daughter was shivering after 15 minutes and the 'changing room's were pretty much non existent...
No where near enough facilities to cater for the park

The clubhoyse was small, the restaurant and entertainment all on the same site.. the entertainment was limited, the prizes completely naff.. however it wasn't terrible. The food was nice enough although not much variety and no healthy options.. the arcade was small and naff too.. the shop was quite lovely though age in, fairly limited (we had to walk for over an hour down dangerous country lanes to get a newspaper) but the man who works in the shop was a really lovely man.

Overall, are experienced wasn't the best, we won't be going back. I don't think well be using park holidays age in either. Will stick to haven

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacey M

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry that your experience of our Park was not as you expected. I am pleased though that the Teams were all very helpful give the circumstances. With regards to your Dad incident I am truly sorry that this happened and I have passed the information onto the Holiday Services Manager who can look into the path situation. In respect to the lack of lighting this is to ensure that we help preserve the rural nature of the park and we will limit the amount of street lighting that is provided and in some areas my intentionally reduce the amount of light at night in order to assist children to sleep. With regards to the swimming pool, I I am sorry if you didn’t not receive this information prior to your stay, but we did do courtesy calls prior to everyone’s arrival. I have passed your lovely comments onto the shop manager who was very happy to receive this lovely feedback. I wish you all the best for the future

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

So, a short Monday - Friday break away at coghurst hall. What can I say... I paid for a gold plus caravan, having read many negative reviews of bronze and silver vans. We wasn't disappointed thankfully. The caravan was clean, well equiped for our stay, central heating was a bonus. However, the mattress in the master bedroom was so uncomfortable, I ended up sleeping in the lounge on the sofa. I have a bad back as it is, yet sleeping on such an old mattress that you could feel every spring in, just wasn't good for me. Thinking of was a gold plus, it may have had a better quality mattress. None of the appliances were plugged in (including the fridge/freezer) so we had to go around and sort that, minor detail I know. Upon arrival at the park, we were unaware it was literally in the middle of nowhere. Check-in was easy and quick, but we were then told the pool was closed, didn't fancy driving to another site just to stay for a short time as my 16 month old wouldn't tolerate a long time in the pool. Resturant was good, generous portions. First night we were told there was issues with the entertainment system and there might be a quiz instead of bingo. We didnt go. The arcade/slot machine room was pathetic really, very old machines, several of them took money but never allowed spins etc. Gave up trying in the end. Site very muddy, no parking next to caravan, had to use a car park and carry the family belongings up a poorly unlit small pathway. Also there is an aldi about 5 minutes along the single track road. However, despite all of the above, we still had a good week away as a family.

1  Thank Aaron H

Hi Hill Family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am happy that you found your accommodation clean and well equipped, if you could let us know which accommodation you were staying in we can go and look at the mattress. I apologise for the appliance not being plugged in for you, this has been passed to the accommodation manger to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. With regards to the pool not being open, we did call all our guests and inform them of this, if we couldn’t make contact a voice mail was left and emails sent out, I apologise if you did not receive this. The food is very good value here and a good quality. With regards to the parking as we are a country park, our aim is to preserve as much green areas as possible so parking will be in allocated areas. We are very happy to see though that you still had a good week away with the family.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the park from the 5th-11th and highly recommend! The whole family enjoyed a nice break away and there was something to do for everyone. Unfortunately the swimming pool was being refurbished while we were there but we were able to go to the sister park and use their pool (25 minutes away). We cooked dinner for the majority of the stay but did eat in the restaurant and cant fault the food it was amazing. The staff were friendly and made us feel welcome. A special mention to the park entertainers Martin and Ashleigh they made the evenings fun and enjoyable for my family and even gave my youngest one of the limited edition loopy toys that she was desperate to win. Overall i cant fault anything and will definitely be returning!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us at Coghurst Hall. I am really happy to read that you had a great time with us and that the whole family had something to do. It was unfortunate that the pool was closed during your stay but that you took advantage of our sister parks. Martin and Ashleigh were delighted with your comments and how lucky was your daughter to win a limited edition loopy. That’s great that you took a night off from cooking and used our restaurant, the food in there is tasty and great value. That’s great that you will be returning to our park, if you haven’t already done so, please do call the Reception on 01424 757995 who will be more than happy to rebook your holiday for you, and add some returning discounts.