Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK
US$193
US$152
Minstrel's Rest(Hastings)
US$105
Senlac Guest House(Hastings)(Great Value!)
US$86
US$72
Travelocity
The Old Rectory(Hastings)
US$127
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$166
US$194
The Cloudesley(Hastings)
US$83
Official Site
All reviewsfishing lakegardens areaentertainment staffplatinum caravansmall shopshort breakeaster breaklovely parklovely breakcamber sandsgreat weekendentertainerskerryfriwoodlandbattle
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Would like to start this review with something positive. Our silver 2 bed caravan was quite new, very clean and quiet pleasant if not a bit too compact!!
Also, all the staff where wonderful and would go out of their way to help.

We went for a week with my brother and my dad who is disabled with reduced mobility and in a mobility scooter. We informed of this upon booking and was informed there was no adapted caravans available but really needed that date so thought we'd cope. However, they put us in the worse location possible for a mobility scooter.. down the end of a very narrow and very uneven path either side of which was lots and logistic mud.. and the path to our caravan was unfinished and awful for my dad ave his mobility.. the path was so bad that my poor dads scooter tipped over and he fell in the mud! Luckily some lovely staff (off duty) were nearby to help as it was almost impossible to get him back upright again!
Also, there is next to no lighting at night time. Unless caravan lights are on its so hard to where your going.. even more so for my dad with vision impairment..
The park is not clearly signposted either and the maps are not very clear

It is also an absolute nightmare if you don't drive.. the park seems to mostly cater for private owners indiscretions drives.. even from their van to the clubhouse! There are no pathways for pedestrians either.

The newly refurbished pool was meant to be open on Friday the 9th but didn't open until Sunday the 11th. It was small but lovely but the waterc was so cold my daughter was shivering after 15 minutes and the 'changing room's were pretty much non existent...
No where near enough facilities to cater for the park

The clubhoyse was small, the restaurant and entertainment all on the same site.. the entertainment was limited, the prizes completely naff.. however it wasn't terrible. The food was nice enough although not much variety and no healthy options.. the arcade was small and naff too.. the shop was quite lovely though age in, fairly limited (we had to walk for over an hour down dangerous country lanes to get a newspaper) but the man who works in the shop was a really lovely man.

Overall, are experienced wasn't the best, we won't be going back. I don't think well be using park holidays age in either. Will stick to haven

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacey M
ParkHolidaysUK, Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2018

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry that your experience of our Park was not as you expected. I am pleased though that the Teams were all very helpful give the circumstances. With regards to your Dad incident I am truly sorry that this happened and I have passed the information onto the Holiday Services Manager who can look into the path situation. In respect to the lack of lighting this is to ensure that we help preserve the rural nature of the park and we will limit the amount of street lighting that is provided and in some areas my intentionally reduce the amount of light at night in order to assist children to sleep. With regards to the swimming pool, I I am sorry if you didn’t not receive this information prior to your stay, but we did do courtesy calls prior to everyone’s arrival. I have passed your lovely comments onto the shop manager who was very happy to receive this lovely feedback. I wish you all the best for the future

Reviewed 14 March 2018 via mobile

So, a short Monday - Friday break away at coghurst hall. What can I say... I paid for a gold plus caravan, having read many negative reviews of bronze and silver vans. We wasn't disappointed thankfully. The caravan was clean, well equiped for our stay, central heating was a bonus. However, the mattress in the master bedroom was so uncomfortable, I ended up sleeping in the lounge on the sofa. I have a bad back as it is, yet sleeping on such an old mattress that you could feel every spring in, just wasn't good for me. Thinking of was a gold plus, it may have had a better quality mattress. None of the appliances were plugged in (including the fridge/freezer) so we had to go around and sort that, minor detail I know. Upon arrival at the park, we were unaware it was literally in the middle of nowhere. Check-in was easy and quick, but we were then told the pool was closed, didn't fancy driving to another site just to stay for a short time as my 16 month old wouldn't tolerate a long time in the pool. Resturant was good, generous portions. First night we were told there was issues with the entertainment system and there might be a quiz instead of bingo. We didnt go. The arcade/slot machine room was pathetic really, very old machines, several of them took money but never allowed spins etc. Gave up trying in the end. Site very muddy, no parking next to caravan, had to use a car park and carry the family belongings up a poorly unlit small pathway. Also there is an aldi about 5 minutes along the single track road. However, despite all of the above, we still had a good week away as a family.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Aaron H

Hi Hill Family
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. I am happy that you found your accommodation clean and well equipped, if you could let us know which accommodation you were staying in we can go and look at the mattress. I apologise for the appliance not being plugged in for you, this has been passed to the accommodation manger to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. With regards to the pool not being open, we did call all our guests and inform them of this, if we couldn’t make contact a voice mail was left and emails sent out, I apologise if you did not receive this. The food is very good value here and a good quality. With regards to the parking as we are a country park, our aim is to preserve as much green areas as possible so parking will be in allocated areas. We are very happy to see though that you still had a good week away with the family.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the park from the 5th-11th and highly recommend! The whole family enjoyed a nice break away and there was something to do for everyone. Unfortunately the swimming pool was being refurbished while we were there but we were able to go to the sister park and use their pool (25 minutes away). We cooked dinner for the majority of the stay but did eat in the restaurant and cant fault the food it was amazing. The staff were friendly and made us feel welcome. A special mention to the park entertainers Martin and Ashleigh they made the evenings fun and enjoyable for my family and even gave my youngest one of the limited edition loopy toys that she was desperate to win. Overall i cant fault anything and will definitely be returning!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Thank you for your lovely review of your stay with us at Coghurst Hall. I am really happy to read that you had a great time with us and that the whole family had something to do. It was unfortunate that the pool was closed during your stay but that you took advantage of our sister parks. Martin and Ashleigh were delighted with your comments and how lucky was your daughter to win a limited edition loopy. That’s great that you took a night off from cooking and used our restaurant, the food in there is tasty and great value. That’s great that you will be returning to our park, if you haven’t already done so, please do call the Reception on 01424 757995 who will be more than happy to rebook your holiday for you, and add some returning discounts.

Reviewed 11 March 2018

Booked a birthday weekend for my 12yr old daughter and family .I arrived early before them as came straight from work .Booked in at reception got keys went to caravan which on first inspection seemed fine .Got all heating on as was cold outside so they would be warm when arrived .unpacked all my kit had a shower then wondered what the funny noise coming from boiler cupboard was .Opened it and water was pissing out from the boiler which had flooded the bathroom and was starting to flood front room . Reception was shut by this time as was past 6pm so phoned mark night porter told him problem he arrived 10 mins later told me had to move caravan as water will need turning off and no engineer available till day after to fix problems ..So packed up &moved not good start to weekend ..Round two ....staff at bar informed us manager will be there 9am next morning .Bearing in mind we swapped at last minute from winchelsea and paid £30 extra because website said swimming pool would be open on site only to be told it's not open and nearest pool is on another park at Rye which was totally unacceptable but we had to go so as not to upset the kids .. management at this site are unhelpful and uncaring about your situation told them wasn't happy and demanded some reimbursement for the extra that we've paid for the use of the pool just said sorry nothing they can do .....Park was dirty not well kept and mud everywhere ... probably cleaner on a dairy farm.....Worst holiday site we've ever stayed at......Total Dump ......

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank Tony U

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very sorry that your first caravan experienced some boiler issues that were not repairable at the time. With regards to the swimming pool, we do courtesy call prior to arrival and I apologise if you was not informed at that time that the pool was closed for a refurbishment that took longer than anticipated. Due to us being a country park and having some extreme weather recently the mud around the park was unavoidable, but we are working to re-turf the affected area. I again apologise for your disappointing experience with us.

Reviewed 19 November 2017

Booked a Gold plus pet friendly caravan for 7 nights-had not been cleaned.Human waste in both toilets-filthy floor in kitchen-need I go on?Asked for another caravan - did not offer a free upgrade.Don't go! No financial recompense as offered another caravan but would have to change caravan on the 5th day. Went home instead. Did not look on Trip Advisor before booking as booked through Breakfree Holidays & never had any problems in 10 years! Wrote to CEO of Park Holidays UK but only got reply from someone in Customer Services. Will never book with this company again. Hope this review harms their business. I am not malicious & never normally leave a negative review. If I'm not happy I don't leave any review as people don't get the chance to respond - but this particular incident took the biscuit & I'll be interested to see a response - if any! Their answer will be that we were offered alternative accommodation - we should have been offered a free upgrade.If you're booking a caravan holiday - stick to Haven or Parkdean - they are both excellent!

Room Tip: Get a caravan overlooking the lake if you must go
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Busterpop
ParkHolidaysUK, Manager at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park - Park Holidays UK, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Firstly I would like to apologise for the experience you had at Coghurst Hall Holiday Park. I am truly sorry that your accommodation wasn’t cleaned properly upon your arrival. I have spoken with the Accommodation Manager regrading this issue to ensure it doesn’t happen again. I am sorry that we were not able to offer you an alternative caravan or upgrade at the time this would have been due to the park being full and no spare caravans were available at the time. I cannot comment on the financial recompense side of this as this is something that would be dealt with by Customer Services. We have a lot of very happy returning guests here and we would very much like to restore your faith back in us so should you wish to book with us again please do give us a call on 01424 757995 and we can oversee your booking to ensure everything is perfect for you.

Kind Regards